Homebrew Trying to Find Homebrew Entrypoint for New 3DS Without Access to Things on the 3DSGuide Site

Ronar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I used to run soundhax a year ago for my New 3ds for all my PkHex necessities. But I forgot all about that when I got Ultra Sun and updated to 11.6.0 39U firmware, and soundhax no longer works.

Naturally the first place I looked was on 3ds.guide, but everything there required I either get a second already homebrewed 3DS or get some special card from a site.

I looked around and found that things like ninjhax, OOThax, and basehaxx exist. However, ninjhax requires an $80 game, and OOThax and basehax seem to require an already homebrewed 3DS.

I also saw that OOThax has a way of doing it with powersaves and a cartridge, but apparently needs a save for the version you're on? (Correct me if I'm wrong) Would this save be easy to obtain somewhere online?

So what would be the easiest way to get access to the homebrew launcher for a New 3ds XL? I just want to be able to access my saves with PkHex. Should I look into the OOThax or should I do one of the other things?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Ronar

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I used to run soundhax a year ago for my New 3ds for all my PkHex necessities. But I forgot all about that when I got Ultra Sun and updated to 11.6.0 39U firmware, and soundhax no longer works.

Naturally the first place I looked was on 3ds.guide, but everything there required I either get a second already homebrewed 3DS or get some special card from a site.

I looked around and found that things like ninjhax, OOThax, and basehaxx exist. However, ninjhax requires an $80 game, and OOThax and basehax seem to require an already homebrewed 3DS.

I also saw that OOThax has a way of doing it with powersaves and a cartridge, but apparently needs a save for the version you're on? (Correct me if I'm wrong) Would this save be easy to obtain somewhere online?

So what would be the easiest way to get access to the homebrew launcher for a New 3ds XL? I just want to be able to access my saves with PkHex. Should I look into the OOThax or should I do one of the other things?
Just buy the recommended flash cart for 20 dollars and follow the guide then do whatever you want on the 3ds.

Reactions: Ecki107 and Ronar

Ronar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses! I'm terrible with computers and stuff, but I can follow instructions. Will that be enough?

Also, how long does it usually take to ship from the site they recommended, and is it a reliable site?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the responses! I'm terrible with computers and stuff, but I can follow instructions. Will that be enough?

Also, how long does it usually take to ship from the site they recommended, and is it a reliable site?
If you have a reading level above year 5 you should be fine :) And if something seems confusing just ask, no need to make guesses. Loads of us know the guide inside out so chances are you'll get an answer within an hour.

Shipping could be 1-3 weeks depending how lucky you are.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Ronar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A golden turd by dell, surprise surprise. Funny how the gold case is $50 more than a black one same specs. I'd pay $50 extra if it didn't have Dell on the front of it.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Better off spending a bit more for that one
    +1
    Got that for my girlfriend and I gotta say I'm impressed
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I'd imagine it being a decal. The rest is golden painted plastic.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Dell bringing out some fugly PCs.
    +1
    Dell has sucked for a long time now
    +2
    Back when I worked for them they where at least somewhat OK.... Now it's like the dump had a sale on PCs and Dell bought them all
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dell messed up by screwing over Alienware line
    +3
    Yeah when they bought Alienware.... That was a disaster for Alienware
    +2
    I mean whoever got paid out of that deal, made out like a bandit I am sure lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even then they were cool power spaceship shuttles now it's just a badge any old ten year old can slap together
    +1
    Ken probably a ten year old in China made the mobo and the case, it's sad his older brother did a swan dive off the Foxcon factory roof.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    PC definitely peaked
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    His older brother trained him he got better and dishonored his family
    +1
    In some ways that's kind of a good thing. I remember when PCs where way more expensive and if yours was a year old it was an antique
    I spent like 5K on a 233Mhz Pentium system, a year later they where like 500Mhz lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but back then you actually got doller to performance
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now it's just $500 get you a decent enough machine
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128GB SanDisk was like $150 at that time also
    I wonder how much my 6.5GB quantum big foot hard drive was lol it was the largest drives at the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Back when og Xbox hard drives died
    That big foot was a 5.25 inch drive huge lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See if any old bank drives are on auction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See if any old bank drives are on auction