OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintenpc.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I have recently been experimenting with extracting ROMs from Virtual Console titles, and I successfully used vcromclaim to extract Super Mario World, but it crashed on attempting to extract Super Mario Kart. I also tried opening up 00000005.app from Super Mario Kart, but the .rom file inside did not work in Higan or Snes9x. Is anyone else able to extract Super Mario Kart from the VC title, or is there something different about this one.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
If someone knows more, feel free to post, but I really don't think you'll get much of an answer since this seems like a useless endeavor as you could just download the original game in its original rom format on the internet. With some google searching, you'll find it. If it's already there, why go through all that extra work? There's nothing new gained.

If you can download original, clean SNES roms, you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

I want to make it clear, though, that you may not ask other people for them here on GBATemp as we are not allowed to provide links. It is against forum policy. (As you only have 40 posts, and you've been registered for two years, there's no way to know if you know.)

winmaster

Weird Kid Who Still Plays Pokemon
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintenpc.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, yes, I know that I am not permitted to request ROM links here, and I do realize that there are places I can download ROMS, but I prefer to dump my own ROMS if I can to be as legal as possible. I just thought that maybe someone could give me an answer and possibly educate me some more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."