Hacking Trying to extract a gamecube Wii iso

gazman2k3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just joined great looking forum,I am wondering if I could get some help,I have this 4gb gamecube emulation iso which works great on my wiikey 2 modded Wii,the emulators on the iso are pretty old versions like the snes emulator is version Snes9xGX v2.0.1b8 and the latest version is Snes9x GX 4.1.2 and has had a lot of changes since the old build I have on this emulation dvd.

What I want to do is extract the old iso replace the old emulator with the latest version and then remake the iso,I have been searching for days on google but I can't seem to find a program that will extract the original iso,programs like winrar only seem to extract around 4mb of the 4gb iso for some reason.
Basically all I want is to be able to extract the original iso so I can get the roms to remake a fresh updated iso.
Can anyone help with this.
Thanks.

gazman2k3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
boof222 said:
wat about 7-zip
try that
i have no idea wat ur tryin to do but i know some good extracting programs

Thanks for the reply,yeah I have tried 7-zip and all I got was around 4mb worth extracted from the 4gb iso.

gazman2k3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
dump the disk to sd or flasdrive from the wii and then you should be able to open it with wii scubber and extract the files I think

Thanks for the reply,when you say dump the disk to a sd or flash drive do you mean there is some sought of program I can load up in the homebrew section that will dump the dvd to it,also I only have a 2gb sd card which would not be big enough to dump the full dvd,I do have a 16gb corsair memory stick,would that be ok to use with the Wii.

I didn't think I would of needed to dump the dvd from the Wii to the memory card because I have the original iso on my pc harddrive still,and all I want to do is extract the original iso on my pc harddrive to get the roms so I can rebuild a new version with updated emulators.

I don't know if anyone remembers but I was hoping for a similar windows program to the old Qwix or Craxtion iso extractors which extracted xbox isos very well within windows,I just want a program that will extract a gamecube or wii iso in the same way.

This is the iso I am trying to extract

captureko.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended