1. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Isn't that option available by editing the first post in the thread?

2. IC_

IC_ GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    You can report your own post so a moderator can change the title.

3. plasturion

plasturion temporary hermit

Poland
    Good job, I trided to check where is the bug, so i played because i was curious about a reason.
    It seems my tools had some minor bug that is causing crash on real hardware.
    Sometimes they don't count all the pointers like (loctext_InGameFormsTutorial_ENG_US) is ignoring last empty pointer.
    To fix it just for now is to add one empty line at the end of extracted text file in the one I mentioned.
    To check validation I recommend compare at 0C (hex) position translated with original binary files, that value have to be equal.
    Maybe I'll do it soon.

So I compared all the files, and this is complete file list that should have one empty-line more at the end:
    Code:
    loctext_InGameFormsTutorial_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_0_23_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_1_49_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_2_12_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_2_75_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_3_27_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_4_09_ENG_US.bin
    loctext_World_4_21_ENG_US.bin

Last edited by plasturion, Nov 26, 2020
  4. SDA

OP SDA Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    You know? I was already thinking about that. Your tool seems to not compress that textfile correctly.

5. plasturion

plasturion temporary hermit

Poland
    The tools compress correctly... difference is the leading zeros at the end of file. (header and pointer table is auto-generating, so it's possible for this type of issue)
    I generated loctext_InGameFormsTutorial_ENG_US from textfile with one more empty line and game doesn't crash anymore.
    I did binary compare for all the files, so the files I listed, should have one more empty line in extracted ( *.txt) file at the end to prevent from the same issue, please test it.
    To be precise - my tools doesn't have a bug for correct input data. Just some of them differ.

-----
    Update:
    MT Image Converter v0.1

Attached Files:

Last edited by plasturion, Dec 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (unavailable), language, Trying