Trying to do something, but I am lost.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pippin666, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. Pippin666
    OP

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    What I am trying to do, is to create a channel that will launch virtual console and wiiware games from usb instead of real nand.

My first idea was to convert a wad into an iso and then use Crap, just like I do with my favorite games. *yikes*, I only found 3ISO's Studio that could do that, but it's long and not 100% sure to work.

Launching Crap v3.3b anyway, I tryed loading one of my wad as a channel and there it "seems" to work. As for the loader, I choosed Triiforce mod by WiiCrazy (dunno wich of the 3 options is better tho). And for the type I choosed USB Loader (thinking that it will look for the necessary files on my usb drive).

I know I am missing something to go any further in this process, and it's Triiforce related. Do I have to dump the entire nand to my usb using FS Dumper or do I have to make a nand.bin backup with bootmii and then apply anything else to it.

I am far from there, but with little help I'll be there in no time, [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,

Pip'

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    why don't you just use an emulator channel and from there you can load the games and the saves from the USB, I know it is not what you really want to do, but at least it is an approach...!!

3. Pippin666
    OP

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Emulator channel to load wiiware and virtual console games ?? I never heard of that before.

Pip'

4. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hombrew emulators can play the rom of most vc games and triforce needs an extracted nand with a bunch of folders in the root of your sd/usb