Hardware Trying to decide between New 3DS XL and New 2DS XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS XL has shipped from Vancouver warehouse, I'm ordering a grip from AliExpress for $5.

Anything that can help with hand cramps, although I feel the New 3DS XL be bigger than the New 2DS XL is already a marginal improvement.

Not too sure if I need a top hard cover for the New 3DS XL, I kind of want some protection but don't want to add unnecessary weight if not needed (New 3DS XL is better built than New 2DS XL).
Never get a hard cover u will ruin the paint layers

Reactions: havocdrake

havocdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New 3DS XL arrived today it's basically like new if not brand new.

It's a TN panel but has much better color temperature calibration versus the New 2DS XL and the screen seems a bit brighter as well.

I don't know if this is true for all New 3DS XL versus New 2DS XL comparisons but the hinge on the New 3DS XL seems to be better, this was unexpected.

The systems build quality is definitely better and the speakers are not as muffled, I really like how the face buttons and d-pad feel more tight on the New 3DS XL.

On the New 2DS XL the buttons felt more loose (shell holes slight bigger than buttons), more clicky and more noisy.

I don't know if I like the 3D effect in games, having on the lowest in Ocarina wasn't too bad; it's a good feature to have even if I might only use with some games.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase despite the fact I still got a TN panel, the 3D feature and minor upgrades from the New 2DS XL is just what wanted to make my 3DS gaming experience more enjoyable.

I'll will be ordering a hand grip and screen protector for it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1