Trying to convert Acekard 2i .sav to DesMume-compatible save

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sporkonomix, Sep 14, 2013.

1. sporkonomix
    OP

sporkonomix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2010
    United States
    As we all know, the AK2i was blocked by firmware upgrades permanently a while back... thing is, I had been playing Etrian Odyssey and have spent quite a bit of time on the save file... so until I can afford another flash card (probably something nice like the DSTwo), I decided I wanted to play on an emulator.

I searched far and wide for some sort of reference or converter. I found http://shunyweb.info/convert.php , which comes with a lot of options. I tried various conversions, loaded EO in DesMume, selected File -> Import Backup Data, selected the file and each time it fails to load properly. This tells me I've screwed up somewhere... but I don't know exactly what to do. If I had the spare cash I'd just straight-up buy the game since I love the series so much, but I'll have to save just to afford the remake coming out soon.

Could I get some help? A huge thanks to anyone who bothers to read and help me with this. It means a lot.

EDIT: I figured it out! Firstly, I tested things by starting a new game in EO on DesMume. It created a 64.1 KB save. I tried the Shunyweb converter again, converting from the Acekard RPG | EZ Flash V | RAW Format (.sav) option to the Acekard RPG | EZ Flash V | RAW Format [Force 64kb] (.sav) option. When I loaded EO and imported the resulting .sav file, everything worked! It must've been one of the options I didn't try. Anyway, this thread should probably stay here just for further reference for those looking to do what I did.

2. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    FYI, the AK2i saves work fine on the DSTWO, I used to use AK2i but got a DSTWO for my 3DS (the DSTWO is pretty save compatible.)

Also, the Etrian Odyssey series is best series.