Trying to change GamecubeBackupLauncher install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jeranhound, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jeranhound
    OP

Jeranhound Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2010
    United States
    I put the backup launcher on my wii a couple months ago and now I'd like some help on changing how it's set up. I did the install so that it would run straight from the disk channel, but it's causing problems. Whenever I try and run my real games through the disc channel, the wii just freezes, so I have to go into the homebrew channel and boot the backup launcher from there in order to start my game.
    I haven't made any changes to my wii in a while, now, so a short tutorial on this would help out a ton.
    Thanks, people.

2. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    To play games from Disc channel install Darkcorp along with cMIOS.

3. Jeranhound
    OP

Jeranhound Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2010
    United States
    I want to NOT have the backup launcher run from my disk channel. It already does. I want to restore my disc channel to its default.

4. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    Run the darkcorp installer and press uninstall.

5. Jeranhound
    OP

Jeranhound Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2010
    United States
    I didn't use Darkcorp or cIOSCORP in the first place. I used WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher. I managed to find its installation files, but when I used the uninstall option, my gamecube games stopped working almost entirely. Just a black screen with the game running audio-only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice