Homebrew Trying to boot Japanese Copy of MHXX on O3DS using userland homebrew, having problems

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I remember when I used to boot up homebrew, there was an application for launching out of region game cards. Now I finally need to use said application and its nowhere to be seen on The Homebrew Launcher. If it helps I'm using the most recent update of OoT3Dhax to launch HB but it shouldn't be an issue.

Just to be sure I didn't accidentally delete or fail to update the region-free launcher, I also just re-downloaded the entire homebrew starter kit on my SD card. And still the region-free launcher is nowhere to be seen. Did some firmware update shut down this application or something?

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it again, didn’t change any of the settings, didn’t work.

It says a bunch of stuff ending with “invalidated icache”
Probably that game cant be launched from HANS, that happens to a few Extended Memory games like Pokemon Sun.

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Probably that game cant be launched from HANS, that happens to a few Extended Memory games like Pokemon Sun.
So in other words I have to CFW or get an inexpensive JP 3DS.

(And by the way one of my sister’s friends has a Japanese 3DS and was told a Japanese 3DS can also play english games, what’s up with that?)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words I have to CFW or get an inexpensive JP 3DS.

(And by the way one of my sister’s friends has a Japanese 3DS and was told a Japanese 3DS can also play english games, what’s up with that?)
A japanese 3ds cannot play english games without those games having a language option, however, if you were to purchase an inexpensive flashcart for around $20 online, you can install a cfw in a matter of minutes.
-You can also use the monster health plugin, which i personally adore. It adds a health bar on the bottom screen for monsters.

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
A japanese 3ds cannot play english games without those games having a language option, however, if you were to purchase an inexpensive flashcart for around $20 online, you can install a cfw in a matter of minutes.
-You can also use the monster health plugin, which i personally adore. It adds a health bar on the bottom screen for monsters.
How long does the NTRBoot CFW install method actually take? I’ve heard some people say it takes up to a couple hours and others say it takes much less time.

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've done it twice recently and it took less than 15 minutes; it's an absolute breeze.
Even when I look at the steps of the guide I’m still nevertheless afraid of screwing something up. I really wish I could find someone to help me with the process in person. Even simple computer stuff I tend to screw up.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Even when I look at the steps of the guide I’m still nevertheless afraid of screwing something up. I really wish I could find someone to help me with the process in person. Even simple computer stuff I tend to screw up.
I'd be incredibly surprised if you beefed anything up, and even if you did, it's almost impossible to beef something beyond quick correction.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brick rates have finally hit 0% as of recently, meaning it is 100% completely impossible to mess something up. The worst you could do is forget a step and have to go back later. Also, it roughly takes 15 minutes. It used to take several hours, but ntrboot has speed things up significantly.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That cheat kinda beats half the point of the game, learning monsters and observing them, to improve your judging of their health from the signs they show (drooling, limping, etc.). Also, depending on his firmware version, there might be a free method available for him (unless he meant 11.6).

How long does the NTRBoot CFW install method actually take? I’ve heard some people say it takes up to a couple hours and others say it takes much less time.
With ntrboot (flashcard needed), it takes about 15-20 mins tops depending on the speed of your SD card. Most of that time though you will simply be waiting for it to finish, so don't worry, it's really easy and quick. I did it on 11.3 with Soundhax (normally takes about twice the amount of time) and got it installed in 22 mins thanks to my fast SD card.

If you follow the steps EXACTLY, nothing will go wrong. However, if you are too afraid to do it yourself, I think it's possible to send your system to a fellow verified reliable temper, have it installed for you, then shipped back to you. The thread should be in the CFW section of the forum, so look for it.

Brick rates have finally hit 0% as of recently, meaning it is 100% completely impossible to mess something up. The worst you could do is forget a step and have to go back later. Also, it roughly takes 15 minutes. It used to take several hours, but ntrboot has speed things up significantly.
Actually that's not true, bricks can still happen, only difference is that now with ntrboot bricks are recoverable from. They can happen, just you never risk an unrecoverable brick unless you do something ridiculously stupid to the point it's impossible even if on purpose:P

Reactions: Giodude

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay, there is a tech support place in the town I go to college, I asked the people there about 3DS CFW and was surprised to hear that they’ve done it for their own 3DSs before.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay, there is a tech support place in the town I go to college, I asked the people there about 3DS CFW and was surprised to hear that they’ve done it for their own 3DSs before.
Ask if they happen to have a flashcart with ntrboot support. If they do, let them do it for you, that can save you a lot of trouble. Buy them a coffee or something in return if you want to pay them:P

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If you follow the steps EXACTLY, nothing will go wrong. However, if you are too afraid to do it yourself, I think it's possible to send your system to a fellow verified reliable temper, have it installed for you, then shipped back to you. The thread should be in the CFW section of the forum, so look for it
Do these “verified, reliable tempers” want a bit of monetary compensation for such things? If so, how much?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ask if they happen to have a flashcart with ntrboot support. If they do, let them do it for you, that can save you a lot of trouble. Buy them a coffee or something in return if you want to pay them:P
The guy told me he’ll help me when I get the necessary things for it (including the flash cart).

If I’m reading the guide correctly then all I need are a pre-flashed NTRboot flashcart, a small magnet to trigger sleep mode, and a microSD card.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do these “verified, reliable tempers” want a bit of monetary compensation for such things? If so, how much?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The guy told me he’ll help me when I get the necessary things for it (including the flash cart).

If I’m reading the guide correctly then all I need are a pre-flashed NTRboot flashcart, a small magnet to trigger sleep mode, and a microSD card.
I just remembered that I was thinking of the hardmod thread (no need to do that) where you could have people do it for you. Never mind. And that's pretty much what you will need. If the flashcart isn't preloaded with ntrboot but supports it, you can still easily do it.

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I just remembered that I was thinking of the hardmod thread (no need to do that) where you could have people do it for you. Never mind. And that's pretty much what you will need. If the flashcart isn't preloaded with ntrboot but supports it, you can still easily do it.
I was going to buy an R4i Gold 3DS Plus because it saves time installing NTRBoot.

Reactions: ThoD and Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...