ROM Hack Trying to backup Pokemon X/Y ORAS cartridge and convert for cia

mocalacace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have recently been in the process of updating my 3ds cfw to rxTools emunand and finally have installed Pokemon X and Sapphire as cia. Now I already have save games on the cartridge and would like to backup the saves and use them with the cia version. How do I dump the save from cartridge? I have been playing them on emunand with my 4.5 O3DS and it is using the old key encryption if this helps.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have recently been in the process of updating my 3ds cfw to rxTools emunand and finally have installed Pokemon X and Sapphire as cia. Now I already have save games on the cartridge and would like to backup the saves and use them with the cia version. How do I dump the save from cartridge? I have been playing them on emunand with my 4.5 O3DS and it is using the old key encryption if this helps.
Well for those games I would make sure the CIA has no save then use the save data tool from the eShop since it much simpler and yes the cart will lose its save but you will have it on your CIA so you can use savedatafiler to export/import/edit the save when you want using PKHEX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After all this is done I recommend you look into updating your sysnand to 9.2.0-20.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rom yes
save no

he is asking for dump a game, not the save (as said in the title)

mocalacace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for those games I would make sure the CIA has no save then use the save data tool from the eShop since it much simpler and yes the cart will lose its save but you will have it on your CIA so you can use savedatafiler to export/import/edit the save when you want using PKHEX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After all this is done I recommend you look into updating your sysnand to 9.2.0-20.

Where can I get the save data tool without updating to 9.9 and downloading from the eshop, because I have tried updating my emunand to 9.9, but rxTools will not boot it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1