OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
So i bricked my 4.2u wii a long time ago. And i bought a tri wing screw driver to open up my new unbricked wii. Didn't open broke the screw. So i though what if I open my GC controller and use savemiifrii. Well i don't have bootmii or any brick saving utilities. But is there a way i can unbrick it? I already opend my GC controller but i'm pressing all 4 dpad buttons but i don't see my FW. So any help? Oh and i bricked my wii using mymenuify and installing a bad theme.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take your savemiifree to somebody's house that has a working wii. make sure you understand how to do it on the working wii. as simple as it is, it is still remarkably easy to do incorrectly. then try it on your bricked wii.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
take your savemiifree to somebody's house that has a working wii. make sure you understand how to do it on the working wii. as simple as it is, it is still remarkably easy to do incorrectly. then try it on your bricked wii.
Well see i don't understand on how that could help. I'm thinking if i could go back to the homebrew channel and install a working theme then it would all be fixed. Or maybe if there is a way to update the wii without going into the system menu, that could help. Any options.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the GC controller plugged into port 4? If not, plug it into port 4 and try again. It won't work in the other ports. A theme brick should not completely kill the SM.

Also, how old is the Wii? If it's old enough to install bootmii/boot2, or you have a NAND backup (unlikely, you say no bootmii), it's fixable by someone with an infectus.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tagzard said:
giantpune said:
Well see i don't understand on how that could help. I'm thinking if i could go back to the homebrew channel and install a working theme then it would all be fixed. Or maybe if there is a way to update the wii without going into the system menu, that could help. Any options.
He is just saying to try it on a working wii to make sure the savemiifrii works, and you are using it correctly. If you are, then go back and try with your bricked wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte