Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been searching for the answer for several hours now

i have followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

even a few post down someone is having the problem as me

i have read these messages over and over and i have copied files from one folder to another in different combinations and still i dont get the v10 option

"""""you didnt add the ciosmap(packed in with d2x v10 beta52 vwii) in the d2x installer folder."""""

""""When I open the installer, <d2x-v10-beta52-vWii> isn't something to pick from.

d2x v6 is the highest I can select.""""​
""""do you if:

Extract d2x-v10-beta52-vWii into your d2x-cios-installer folder on SD (Path: "sd:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\d2x-v10-beta52-vWii\")
Extract d2x-v10-beta52-vWii into your d2x-cios-installer folder on SD (Path: "sd:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\ciosmaps.xml")

http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-d2x-cios.341211/#post-4520361

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
That's wierd. In THEORY you should be able to just extract all the contents of the d2x download into the sd/apps/d2x-cios-installer/ folder and just let it replace any existing files and it should work. May I ask what folder names and positions you're using at the moment and what you've tried?

I'd assume this is new enough an app for it not to matter but what size and format of SD card are you using?

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
root>>>
>>>apps>>>
>>>xyzzy.
>>>FS-Toolbox.
>>>>>>> >>>d2x-cios-installer>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>boot.dol.
>>>>>>>>>>>Changelog.txt.
>>>>>>>>>>>ciosmaps.xml.
>>>>>>>>>>>icon.png.
>>>>>>>>>>>meta.xml.
>>>>>>>>>>>ReadMe.txt.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>d2x-v10-beta52-vWii>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIPP.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EHCI.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ES.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FAT.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFSP.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MLOAD.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SDHC.app
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>USBS.app

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i need the 2.2 version of the installer

the sd card was formated and empty before downloading vWii_cIOS_apps.zip fromm the guide

i have tried putting d2x-v10-beta52-vWii on the root and that did not work

i have tried copying all the files to the root , all the files to every possible place and never get higher option than v6

what files are supose to be in the same folder ?

is the boot dole supose to be in this folder d2x-v10-beta52-vWii or this folder d2x-cios-installer ?

can i just install v6 on the v wii, i was using v6 on my wii anyways ?

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im thinking about just installing the d2x v6

no one is helping me and i have literaly copied those files into every possible folder and every possible way, i have copies in the root, in the app in the dx instal folder in the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

i dont know what else i could do to get d2x 10 to show up in the options

can i just install v6 on my virtual wii ?

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out why it took me 5 hours to mod my vwii instead of 5 minutes

it was the lock switch on the sd card, i got like 10 sd cards lying around and i just happend to pick the only one with the switch down

after relising that i used Xyzzy but had no key.txt then that i when i decided to look, and there it was the damn lock was on the sd card

i would of already modded mine and probably a couple of other peoples wii u's earlier today if i had thought about checking the lock 5 hours ago

im looking at the d2x-v10-beta-vwii on my tv screen now so it is working now

im so pissed off im not even going to install it, i am done for today

Reactions: nimtimto

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
From what I've read, that folder structure looks right to me and 2.2 is the right version to use.

installing IOS236 or not shouldn't make any difference with your specific problem since your problem is showing up before it would even need those patches.

sorry looked into it while writing this and this is the best installer to use
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-152#post-4490894

236 shouldn't be needed for what you're doing but if you wanted to install it on vWii the best installer should be this one
http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-can-install-ios-in-vwii-but.338809/page-15#post-4523506

EDIT : Okay, looks like you were faster than me .. oh well, glad to know you found which SD card it was on.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wished i could rename this thread to check the lock on your sd card or somthing like that, it might save someone a lot of trouble

or at least put it in the details of the guide

i got confused because people that had the lock off like normal had the same issue as me but for a different reason and they were posting messages and i spent hours looking for clues to folder and files names and positions for nothing
howtotroll540.jpg

Reactions: Copai1

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I've been softmodding consoles for 5 years now and this is the first time something like this happens and it was because of the locked SD card lmaoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: