1. KevkaBluebird

OP KevkaBluebird Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello there and greetings from germany!

I tried to install boot9strap and sorts with this guide: 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(browser)
    While none of the supported websites to load the Launcher.dat worked, i used the one in the last posting here: gbatemp.net/threads/alternative-go-gateway-domain.423224/page-2

My (OLD) 3DS has the firmware 8.1.0-10E

Everything went well, but i'm not sure about something:

1) After doing the steps (first steps), the 3DS won't boot without the SD-Card - is this normal? It just turns on for a brief moment (blue LED) and goes off again. With the SD Card - everything works.
    2) After following all the steps (first page) in the guide above, not sure if everything went well. Last i did, was the following:

After Reboot: I have the regular Homescreen but with 3 new black box icons? Like the regular icons in the homwscreen but without a picture. Just black. Is this normal? None of them seems do to anything and if i try to "launch" them, the 3DS wants to update or one of the 3 "black symbols" ends in a loop with this "Nintendo 3DS" Loadingscreen (the one with these red pulses).

What's on the SD:

/boot.3dsx
    /boot.firm
    /Launcher.dat
    /SafeB9SInstaller.dat
    /Nintendo 3DS/[other folders]
    /luma/config.bin
    /boot9strap/firm0_enc.bak
    /boot9strap/firm1_enc.bak
    /boot9strap/boot9strap.firm
    /boot9strap/boot9strap.firm.sha

Thanks for any suggestions (-:

Attached Files:

Last edited by KevkaBluebird, Jan 31, 2020
  2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's backup reminder + fearless testing Sina

Germany
    Black icons can appear on older firmware versions and should be gone after updating to the latest firmware.

KevkaBluebird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed, homebrew, b9s+luma