Try to play burnt Gamecube games via backup launcher/softmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by slayer171, Jun 12, 2009.

1. slayer171
    OP

Newcomer slayer171 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, i have recently softmodded my wii. I have everything up and running including coverflow usb loader which is soo sweet. Anyways, i want to make multigame disk full of gamecube games. I have installed softmii and backup launcher. Now they read the disc as a gamecube game, but when i try and play it, it just restarts my wii. Is there a simple fix for this? I tried a single burn (not a multi-boot) and have the same problem. This occurs with backup launcher and softmii via disk channel. Oh and i'm sorry if this has been asked a billion times, but i couldn't find an answer...

My wii is 3.2, i have rev12 installed. Is there anything else i need?

Cheers

Edit: I am using verbatim dvd-rs and have burnt them at 2x and 2.4x speed with imgburn

2. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. slayer171
    OP

Newcomer slayer171 Newbie

United Kingdom
    mmmm, strange, i had already installed it but i reinstalled it and now it works fine! Only problem is that my ntsc gamecube backups run in slow motion. Has that ot something to do with our different framerates or something? Is there an easy way around this? Thanks btw [​IMG]

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No problem.

And I assume you have a PAL wii given that you specified NTSC for your gamecube backups. If I assume correctly, it may have to do with you having a PAL system. NTSC goes at 60 hz, while PAL goes at 50hz. I could imagine this may make them go slower at least if it doesn't mess up in some other way.

5. Eclipse01

Newcomer Eclipse01 Advanced Member

United States
  6. domshen

Newcomer domshen Member

United States
    So I have a softmod using system menu 4 and all homebrew and launchers work great, exept when I am trying to play a multi iso gc backup. It will auatoload the first iso but i never get a menu to choose an alternative one. Any ideas? I have been searching for hours and can not get it to work :-(