Hacking Try to install USB Loader GX but failed (Wii system 4.0U on Wii KORea RVL-001)

cyclone9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I've brought a used Wii KOR modded with firmware version 4.0U and I would like to run my backup games on usb.

Homebrew Channel v1.0.0 is installed, whenever I try to update it (auto pop-up to upgrade to 1.0.1) but it hang on the scam screen - waiting 5, 10, 30minutes and no word appear press 1 to continue.

Hardware:
1) Wii KOR firmware 4.0U
2) 8GB SDHC FAT32 (no more 2GB SD sold here)
3) USB 32GB FAT32

Tried:
1) Modmii to install USB Loader GX but failed, cant install
2) use bannerbomb + hackmii installer,screen hang in scam screen

What other safe options do I have?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use a modern wad manager with ahbprot, like "Some Yawmm Mod" to install the HBC 1.1.3 wad (https://gbatemp.net/threads/v-wii-homebrew-channel-open-sourced.450288/page-4), which as a bonus is free of arbitrary restrictions to discourage modding Team Twiizers don't like

After doing that you should download and run "Syscheck HDE" to tell us what ioses you have installed, because the Hackmii Installer not running is ultimately a symptom of it having no IOS it wants to use (which could have a number of reasons, more or less smart)

And by the way, do not update your console online as official 4.2+ will brick, use Modmii (which will include a workaround) if you want to update

cyclone9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm first day owner of this Wii.

Just want to confirm:
1) download wad manager and extract to SD card
2) Create WAD folder in SD root and copy the wad from the link you given
3) Run Wii with homebrew channel --> WAD manager --> Install the wad you given link?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use Modmii's hackmii solutions wizard, then use Modmii's main wizard after, tell it you are on 4.0U

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried:
1) Modmii to install USB Loader GX but failed, cant install
What do u mean by this exactly? Usb loader gx isn't installed but just copied to an SD card or hard drive. It will work provided that other typical softmods have been installed correctly. If you only used modmii's USB loader set up guide, then obv this won't work, did u use the main wizard? If so, when the hackmii installer froze, u should have read the part of your guide telling you to use modmii's hackmii solutions wizard in case it freezes or you have an upside down homebrew channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche