Trustworthy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Venko, Apr 12, 2007.

Apr 12, 2007

Trustworthy? by Venko at 11:55 PM (804 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Venko
    OP

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm wondering if anyone here is from the UK and has used this service. I'm completely unable to install a chip myself because I have no soldering experience and I've heard the solder points on the Wii make it very hard to install meaning it's certainly not something I'm going to teach myself to solder.

I'm located in Essex. If anyone knows of a service around there that can assist me I'd be happy if you'd give me a buzz (assuming it isn't a violation of the forum rules, in the case that it is then please ignore this). I don't really have the money going to buy a pre-chipped console seeing as I already have one so paying for chip installation seems a lot more viable.

Any advice and/or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks [​IMG]

2. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Thats a little expensive - £70 + £15 postage..

Ive done a good few chips now. Im in E.Sussex. Ill either do a clone for £30 (i should be getting more this week. So far all have updated fine) or will install a official wiikey you supply for £20 or I can get one for about £30 (making price including installation £50).

Obviously there is postage on top, im really not sure what this is you would need to take to a post office and weigh it (just would need unit on its own) and obviously return postage to. Still its a bit cheaper..

3. Venko
    OP

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah. I'd want to use an official WiiKey, really. Seems I should at least support the people that make things like this possible. I just had a quick look in Google Maps (due to my hideous geography) and it's on the other side of London - about the same distance as the people I linked to but in another direction.

I'm not too eager to send my Wii off in a package at the mercy of the UK Mail Service. For fear of losing it D:

How many WiiKeys have you installed, RedSquirrel? Have you had any failures?

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I recently sent a Dreamcast with about 20 odd games, all in all that package was a lot heavier than a Wii. Package cost me £8.90 to send first class and if I sent it recorded for next day guaranteed it would've cost me £11.50 so that might give you some idea.

5. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    ive done four wii's so far and all working [​IMG] got a few more lined up as soon as i get my chips in to.

ive modded countless gamecubes with qoob modchips and have all the right equipment too as i do some modding stuff on the side inc x360s.

also: the chips i have - people say they look like original wiikeys. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48537