Trustworthy Australian places to buy?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by SigmaZero, Dec 2, 2007.

Dec 2, 2007
  1. SigmaZero
    OP

Newcomer SigmaZero Member

Australia
    Hey, I just got my DS a few weeks ago and I've been tossing up between an R4 and a CycloDS. I'm leaning towards the CycloDS so I'm just wondering of all the Australian based shops provided on the Cyclo Website, which one is the best one?

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    definitely ozmodchips.com

they are the best in aus imo, and they have free shipping in aus:)
    their prices dont count gst initially though

3. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    Yep i bought my R4 and ordered my Cyclo DS from ozmodchips. They are awesome, i suggest you use them.

4. SigmaZero
    OP

Australia
    So I'm looking at ozmodchip.com it says that there's a chance that I might get a dud CycloDS. Should I take the risk?

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    go for it dude... it may be very rare tht something bad may happen
    Infact in my case, my bro never wanted to buy from anywhere but agreed to buy from ozmodchips. it's probably the best site u will come across

6. enigmaindex

Australia
    Yeah just go for it, you get a dud send it back they will replace it.

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    They do now. All prices shown are GST inclusive. A bit on the expensive side though.

8. SigmaZero
    OP

Australia
    So, GST inclusive increases the cost by a hefty amount? How would you guys rate the service of ozmodchip.com? Delivery speeds? What's good about them?

9. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    My R4 gt to me within a week, so pretty quick service. Plus they answered my questions.

10. xboxinoz

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Australia
    Personally I've always used Bamboo Gaming for my NDS 'accessories' and never had any problems. Their prices also seem better than ozmodchips to me, ie, R4 is AU$45 with free shipping. Anyway... just an alternative for you.

11. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    When i buy stuff from them, i gets here in a day, even if its normal shipping cause i live near him:)

12. 4saken

Australia
    Excellent delivery speeds. I live in Sydney, and I think express was 1 or 2 days (probably 1).

13. SigmaZero
    OP

Australia
    Yeah I've looked at Bamboo Gaming before going to look at ozmodchips.com. I've read around and the now I'm choosing between an R4, M3 DS Real + Rumble Pack or a CycloDS. It would have been really good if Bamoboo Gaming actually sold CycloDS but seeing how they don't I had to look elsewhere. The M3 looks really good because of the potential for web browsing and pretty good rom and homebrew compatibility, though the CycloDS looks like it matches it, plus it has a nicer GUI. So really, this is just dependent on which one I would like, if I go CycloDS I can buy from ozmodchips.com, if its the other two I'll just use Bamboo Gaming for the cheaper prices.

EDIT: After much consideration (I'm indecisive, so what? [​IMG] ) I have decided that I really would like a CycloDS much because of the fact it just seems so much more reliable and liked by the majority of the general.. internet society. The R4 would be the fall back, the kind of thing I would go to if I just wanted to play and that was it, and the M3 did look good, but reading the forums where were just so many complaints and problems, it really made me have second thoughts.. maybe a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, yeah you get the idea [​IMG] Now to get the person organising the purchase to get it, since he seems to want the M3, and it Cyclo could look too pricey for him [​IMG]

14. OzModChips

Member OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi [​IMG]

15. SigmaZero
    OP

Australia
    Wow, OzModChips himself! I'm honoured (no sarcasm intended) anyway, I really want to get a CycloDS but it may take some convincing because of that my friend has bought a M3 Simply from them and turned out fine, so it can be difficult to sway him to use a different website, though I believe I can really trust you guy because of your awesomeness [​IMG] See.. I'm thinking of buying 3 flash carts of the one type, (one for me and two others for friends) and we decided it better to go see which one is the best on the market and get that. Now, if I bought the M3 Real it'll cost $165, whilst the ozmodchips, three CycloDs costs $208.5. Would it be worth the extra $40 or so?

16. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    good question... if u think u can afford it then go for cycloDS because it seems to be most user friendly but the M3 Real are in the "league" of R4 and M3 simply so u can expect excellent changes from them in the future.
    So---> Go for the cyclo if u can afford it but if u can't then M3 is a gr8 replacement

17. enigmaindex

Australia
    Oh yeah for sure Cyclo DS, defiantly worth the extra cash.

18. cippy

Newcomer cippy Member

Australia
    Got mine today in the mail from modsupplier.com in Queensland. Took 2 days to ship to Perth. Very nice card. love the features (coming up from a Supercard Micro / DS-X [​IMG] ). Gonna head out tomorrow and look for a Kingston 2 gig micro. Highly recommended! [​IMG]

19. 4saken

Australia
    You are the cheapest in Australia, but as you said, foreign retailers can offer prices a couple of dollars lower than yours. Paying for the speed I guess

20. Dylaan

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    AusXMods have the R4 for $49.99, even without free postage, it's still cheaper... [​IMG] No CycloDS though.

EDIT: My bad! They're sold out!