• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump's Transgender Troop Ban Goes Into Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottonMOUSE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AmandaRose

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame Chelsea Manning for this. She's basically the reason everyone has a problem with trans-people in the military. Not only did she commit high crimes, she forced the military to pay for her surgery and medical stuff and then bragged about it. Now people have the misconception that all trans people want to join so they can get free surgery and hormonal therapy.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actuallyyyy no longer considered a disorder :D It's a big progressive movement now, very similar to the 1973 declassification of homosexuality as a mental illness uhhuh!

"In this regard, the change resembles the elimination of homosexuality from the manual 40 years ago."

I stand by my initial statements. I work with the DSM a lot and the mental disorder has not been completely removed. Also, the quote above is from a website known to sympathize with transgenders. I included it to show that even they admit it's not been removed; however, they did spin it with their own interpretation, but it's still valid enough to prove my point. Still in doubt, go read it -> https://www.amazon.com/Diagnostic-Statistical-Manual-Mental-Disorders/dp/0890425558

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I blame Chelsea Manning for this. She's basically the reason everyone has a problem with trans-people in the military. Not only did she commit high crimes, she forced the military to pay for her surgery and medical stuff and then bragged about it. Now people have the misconception that all trans people want to join so they can get free surgery and hormonal therapy.
TBH I don't really see the issue there, plenty of people join the military so they can have their medical needs taken care of. Just speaks to the poor state of healthcare in this country overall. Also, Manning isn't the one deciding on policy, it's the Trump administration.

Reactions: KingVamp

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, have fun being backwards in a community where the predominant amount of female members are likely transgender, and in fact several well respected members are indeed MtF...

You win the seal of idiocy tbh :(

I don't need anyone's seal of approval nor seek out to be in the popular crowd. Thank you for the kind words.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Manning isn't the one deciding on policy, it's the Trump administration.
You say that, but keep in mind that Trump really likes undoing everything Obama did, so he probably has something out for Manning since Obama commuted her 30 year prison sentence.

Last edited by GameSystem,

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mentally ill people do not belong in the military.
Neither do they belong in the presidency, but look at that. By the way, trans people are not mentally ill.

Last edited by GhostLatte,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My personal belief is that if you cannot figure out what sexual organ you were born with (which transgender people can't seem to figure out) or if you have a higher tendency to try to kill yourself (which is true about the transgender population in general, 40% more so then normal people (the last time I checked the DSM stuff)) that you are delusional. I mean, if you are suicidal or have tried to kill yourself you can't purchase a fire arm and probably ended up in a hospital where you couldn't actually leave on your own free will. That is enough there, but add in the fact that you can't figure out your own gender even topples the cake.
The one of the highest cause of death for males is sucide
https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/lcod/men/2010/LCOD_WHITEmen2010.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/lcod/men/2015/race-ethnicity/index.htm
http://www.idph.state.il.us/menshealth/healththreats.htm
Males also have the highest rate of violent suicides including gun-related and public suicides like jumping off high areas
Males also have a higher rate of violence, including murder, mass murder, mass shootings, rape, war crimes, etc.
Why is there no push to call males mentally ill when the statistics show that men have so many problems?
The higher rate of suicide in the LGBT+ community isn't caused by being LGBT+ it's caused by people like you and the social pressures we have to face due to bigotry. Trans people tend to end up being social outcasts due to our culture's deeply rooted transphobia and it's this social isolation that worse issues like depression and sense of loneliness. Suicide rates were found to drop drastically when someone has good social support and live in accepting communities. In short, people like you are the one with the actual problem, not trans people.
Edit: Before you even think about bringing up the "But Black women have a lower rate of suicide!" counterargument, this is due to the closeness of Black communities and is countered by my previous statement of good social support

Last edited by The Catboy,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way, trans people are not mentally ill.
Thank you you are 100% right. I can only speak of my personal experience here in Scotland but I guess its probably the same around the world. I had to go through two years of assessments to prove I did not have a mental illness. That is just the first stage. I then had to face a panel of 5 different doctors then had to convince all five unanimously I was not mentally Ill before I was even considered for gender reassignment surgery.

I find it hilarious when people say I am mentally Ill when I have the fact that some of Scotlands finest doctors clearly think I am not.

The highest cause of death for white males between the ages of 15 to 34 is sucide
Males also have the highest rate of violent suicides including gun-related and public suicides like jumping off high areas
Males also have a higher rate of violence, including murder, mass murder, mass shootings, rape, war crimes, etc.
Why is there no push to call males mentally ill when the statistics show that men have so many problems?
The higher rate of suicide in the LGBT+ community isn't caused by being LGBT+ it's caused by people like you and the social pressures we have to face due to bigotry. Trans people tend to end up being social outcasts due to our culture's deeply rooted transphobia and it's this social isolation that worse issues like depression and sense of loneliness. Suicide rates were found to drop drastically when someone has good social support and live in accepting communities. In short, people like you are the one with the actual problem, not trans people.
Edit: Before you even think about bringing up the "But Black women have a lower rate of suicide!" counterargument, this is due to the closeness of Black communities and is countered by my previous statement of good social support

Again you are perfectly right about the suicide rate in accepting countries like my own the suicide rate is at 4%. In Spain its 3.5% and in other accepting European countries its about the same. Then look at countries where transphobia or religion is rampant and the rate massively jumps up to high levels. Coincidence I don't think.

What's also never meantioned is that the countries that have high suicide rates in the trans community also have a high number of murders of transgender people.

Transphobic people are hugely responsible for the high suicide and murder rate of the trans community and the sooner people realize this the better.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you you are 100% right. I can only speak of my personal experience here in Scotland but I guess its probably the same around the world. I had to go through two years of assessments to prove I did not have a mental illness. That is just the first stage. I then had to face a panel of 5 different doctors then had to convince all five unanimously I was not mentally Ill before I was even considered for gender reassignment surgery.

I find it hilarious when people say I am mentally Ill when I have the fact that some of Scotlands finest doctors clearly think I am not.

Again you are perfectly right about the suicide rate in accepting countries like my own the suicide rate is at 4%. In Spain its 3.5% and in other accepting European countries its about the same. Then look at countries where transphobia or religion is rampant and the rate massively jumps up to high levels. Coincidence I don't think.

What's also never meantioned is that the countries that have high suicide rates in the trans community also have a high number of murders of transgender people.

Transphobic people are hugely responsible for the high suicide and murder rate of the trans community and the sooner people realize this the better.
It's worth adding that the overwhelming majority of people who murder trans people (mostly trans women) are men.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasnt this about paying for hormone pills or something? Not saying that the military doesnt just lose hundreds of millions every year, just that they kinda had a reason right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, have fun being backwards in a community where the predominant amount of female members are likely transgender, and in fact several well respected members are indeed MtF...

You win the seal of idiocy tbh :(
Well if you going to be like that, isnt it weird to assume women in the military are predominantly trans males?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this:

"The two main arguments for the trans military ban are 1) medical costs and 2) trans people are somehow “mentally unfit” to serve in combat. Both arguments fail when looking at the facts. According to a report from the Defense Department, $8 million out of $50 billion of the military health budget went towards medical transitioning in 2016, which is only one percent of the total budget. As far whether trans people are mental fit to serve in combat, both the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association say the trans military ban is unscientific."

-https://anthonybrown.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=502

Anyone have any reason to add on why they did this?

Guess theyer afraid of "if thousands of transgender people join that 8 million will be billions!" but thats not really an argument since thats not going to happen....

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For some strange reason does it cost the military thousands?
The pills I just got cost me a grand total of nothing but would have cost me 6$ if I didn't have insurance. For these pills to cost thousands for the military (which honestly is still really not that much, all things considered when looking at military spending,) then this isn't a trans-related issue, but a budget issue. There's neither a reason nor an excuse for why the same box that would have cost me 6$, cost them thousands. This high cost should be the real issue that needs to be looked into.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The highest cause of death for white males between the ages of 15 to 34 is sucide
Do you read what you link? The statistics you linked shows unintentional injury by far being the highest cause of death ages 1-44. Furthermore, the linked statistics does not show death/suicide rate, it shows percentage of deaths attributed to the named categories among the deceased.

Comparing rate of suicide as a death cause with suicide rate is comparing apples to oranges. It does not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse