• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump now in hospital

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you get your news from? You're claiming Obama had the FBI spy on Trump (ala Spygate), but this is a widely debunked conspiracy theory:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-spying-trump-campaign/
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-trump-repeats-false-claim-obama-spied-his-c/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ntial-debate-trump-biden-n1241282/ncrd1241514

Regarding Biden's candidacy:

- Biden announced his 2020 presidential campaign on April 25th, 2019.
- Trump discussed the Bidens in a phone call with Zelensky on July 25, 2019 -- exactly 3 months later to the day.

Thus, Biden was a candidate. If you meant that Biden wasn't THE candidate as a nod toward Sanders, then you may want to check this out:

During the week leading up to the infamous phone call (Sept. 17-24), polling showed that Biden was Trump's strongest Democratic rival, with an aggregate polling average 8+ points higher than Trump:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natio..._the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

This explains why Trump and his lawyer were so obsessed with Joe Biden in 2019. Biden was destroying him in head-to-head polls, and now that he's the Democratic nominee in 2020, is still destroying him by the same 8+ points just 4 weeks before the election.

Biden wasn't the final candidate, he was only a potential candidate. The DNC didn't pick their final candidate for the President until a much later date. Unless Trump is some divine being who can tell the future he had no idea who would win the DNC nomination. Obama had the FBI spy on Trump's campaign. I'm not sure where you're getting your news from, but there have been firings at the FBI over forged FISA warrants and there's an open investigation now that's been all over the news with Barr and crew going after the people responsible for the Russian Collusion Hoax. The same investigation that Trump keeps tweeting about.

Last edited by gregory-samba,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden wasn't the final candidate, he was only a potential candidate. The DNC didn't pick their final candidate for the President until a much later date. Unless Trump is some divine being who can tell the future he had no idea who would win the DNC nomination. Obama had the FBI spy on Trump's campaign. I'm not sure where you're getting your news from, but there have been firings at the FBI over forged FISA warrants and there's an open investigation now that's been all over the news with Barr and crew going after the people responsible for the Russian Collusion Hoax. The same investigation that Trump keeps tweeting about.
As I already stated, Spygate is a widely debunked conspiracy theory. Sourcing a right-wing extremist website (thefederalist.com) underscores my point.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/federalist
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

Barr is a Trump loyalist, so the investigation doesn't surprise me. Liberals are upset with it, but as long as the investigation is conducted fairly, I don't have a problem with it.

Where do I get my news?

For basic news, I stick with the old school AP\Reuters. I want just the news, not someone telling me how to think, which is why I avoid websites like CNN\Fox News. I also use aggregators like Yahoo\Google News, which exposes me to a balance of articles from across the political spectrum. I dig around Google search for everything else.

Last edited by LumInvader,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I already stated, Spygate is a widely debunked conspiracy theory. Sourcing a right-wing extremist website (thefederalist.com) underscores my point.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/federalist
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

Barr is a Trump loyalist, so the investigation doesn't surprise me. Liberals are upset with it, but as long as the investigation is conducted fairly, I don't have a problem with it.

Where do I get my news?

For basic news, I stick with the old school AP\Reuters. I want just the news, not someone telling me how to think, which is why I avoid websites like CNN\Fox News. I also use aggregators like Yahoo\Google, which exposes me to a balance of articles from across the political spectrum. I dig around Google search for everything else.

Trump, Barr and the Conservative Media would beg to differ. They are all currently still pressing the investigation into the FBI and what motivated the agents to fabricate warrants and information. While the investigations are ongoing, it does seem to point to Obama and Hillary. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them were responsible for the Russian Collusion Hoax. Guess I'll just have to wait to see the results of the various investigations that are ongoing.

I also wasn't seriously asking where you get your news from, but responding in kind to your original snip at me. Since we're sharing though I get my news from tons of sources. I've got like a full tab of bookmarks and that includes both CNN and FOX, as even if they are biased as fuck they still sometimes do have the correct information posted. It also helps to know what each side is thinking or the bullshit they are trying to pull. Just because a page happens to lean one way doesn't mean everything they post is wrong. You can learn from your enemies you know.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump, Barr and the Conservative Media would beg to differ. They are all currently still pressing the investigation into the FBI and what motivated the agents to fabricate warrants and information. While the investigations are ongoing, it does seem to point to Obama and Hillary. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them were responsible for the Russian Collusion Hoax. Guess I'll just have to wait to see the results of the various investigations that are ongoing.

I also wasn't seriously asking where you get your news from, but responding in kind to your original snip at me. Since we're sharing though I get my news from tons of sources. I've got like a full tab of bookmarks and that includes both CNN and FOX, as even if they are biased as fuck they still sometimes do have the correct information posted. It also helps to know what each side is thinking or the bullshit they are trying to pull. Just because a page happens to lean one way doesn't mean everything they post is wrong. You can learn from your enemies you know.
Indeed, we need to wait for the results. It'll be interesting to see how a November Biden victory would effect the investigations. I fully expect Biden to fire Barr on his first day. Of course, that assumes Trump accepts defeat. On that note, do you expect widespread support among conservatives if Trump refuses to accept election defeat?

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, we need to wait for the results. It'll be interesting to see how a November Biden victory would effect the investigations. I fully expect Biden to fire Barr on his first day. Of course, that assumes Trump accepts defeat. On that note, do you expect widespread support among conservatives if Trump refuses to accept election defeat?

The only way I could see Conservatives supporting Trump contesting the election is if there's some major revelation of wide spread fraud in the election. Even then I only expect the official/real results will be delayed. I highly doubt Trump will refuse to leave office if he loses because there has never been major proof of enough voter fraud that would sway a Presidential election. I predict all this assumptive behavior on the Liberals part that Trump will refuse to leave office if he loses fairly is all overblown speculation with no basis in reality. We're already being told due to the ballots in the mail being late that we might not get the results for days or weeks after the final voting deadline, but I highly doubt either Joe or Donald will refuse to accept the results.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I could see Conservatives supporting Trump contesting the election is if there's some major revelation of wide spread fraud in the election. Even then I only expect the official/real results will be delayed. I highly doubt Trump will refuse to leave office if he loses because there has never been major proof of enough voter fraud that would sway a Presidential election. I predict all this assumptive behavior on the Liberals part that Trump will refuse to leave office if he loses fairly is all overblown speculation with no basis in reality. We're already being told due to the ballots in the mail being late that we might not get the results for days or weeks after the final voting deadline, but I highly doubt either Joe or Donald will refuse to accept the results.
Well, then this may surprise you.

According to a recent survey conducted by Pew Research Center, nearly half of all Republicans (43%) believe that voter fraud is a major issue compared to 11% among Democrats. Among Republicans who consider the Trump campaign a major source of news, 61% believe that voter fraud is a major issue. If Trump loses the upcoming election, which is very likely, I fully expect that 43% figure to nudge past 50%.

But just how extremist are Republican views becoming?

The survey also shows that 41% of Republicans who have heard something about QAnon say it is somewhat or very good for the country. 41%!

This is precisely why I avoid MSM news sources like CNN\Fox News. They're brainwashing people into complete morons.

https://www.journalism.org/2020/09/...gent-news-sources-heading-into-2020-election/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s