true mp3 homebrew for ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by brn, Jan 10, 2007.

Jan 10, 2007

true mp3 homebrew for ds? by brn at 9:00 AM (1,208 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. brn
    OP

Member brn GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Just wondering if there are any good mp3-players made for the DS? I tried moonshell but It can't keep up with playing the song resulting in small skips sometimes. I'm using an R4 slot 1 solution, is that the problem maybe? [​IMG]

please help me out here [​IMG]

2. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd like to know the same thing. You can try formatting your card to FAT16 with 64k clusters. that surely helped for me but theres still skips. but at least not as much as when my card was formatted to default clusters.

3. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    DS Organize has a built in mp3 player, I can't remember if I can hear any skips (which might mean there weren't any to notice!)

4. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Update: hehe i forgot i updated Moonshell last night, and haven't tried mp3's on it. tried 3 now. i didnt notice skipping. maybe updating to latest version might help?

The new Moonshell seems to have some bug if there's a previous version on your card or something...so delete the shell folder and_DS_MSHL.NDS (how its named on my m3 simply) file on your card. Now..this is important: Once you get your new Moonshell nds file created, rename it as how it was originally renamed on your card, (_DS_MSHL.NDS for me) Or else you won't be able to boot to it from the middle button in menu.

5. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    The latest version of MoonShell does work better. On a DSOne at least.

6. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    The sound works great so far, but I haven't managed to listen to more than ten minutes of music before the damn thing wouls freeze the DS it. DSOdoes internet radio well enough for what my usage of it is...

7. brn
    OP

Member brn GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Could you guys give me a link to what moonshell version I need?