Hacking Trucha Signer, SMG and wiikey 1.9g

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Understanding that signing a wii ISO's becomes a reality.... how about patching games so that we don't need the bad 1.9g wiikey firmware upgrade..... can it be done?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the 1.9g firmware more and more wiikey owners complain about the wiikey stops working.
Only original games work but backups don't.

Look on wiinewz.com and also other forums.

and off course some will reply that
- only fake Wiikey suffer
- bad installs are the cause

but even 'professional' modders see returns of wiikeys with 1.9g firmware

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
My WiiKey is a clone and I updated to 1.9G without a problem and originals and backups works fine and SMG and Brawl works so I don't get the point.

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*sigh*... if you don't see the point ....well..... you don't see it...... I only hope your clone wiikey will fail so that you DO see it ......
mad.gif

Why do people don't see a problem as long it isn't theirs......

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*... if you don't see the point ....well..... you don't see it...... I only hope your clone wiikey will fail so that you DO see it ......Â
mad.gif

Why do people don't see a problem as long it isn't theirs......

Because it isn't our problem?

There are loads of people who do not know how to take care of their wii either, maybe their laser lifespan just started to give up around the time 1.9g was released.

Anyway, I do know the stories, and I was afraid at first as well, but I couldn't keep myself from running Brawl the second it was available
happy.gif

ilostmyshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an original wiikey, and a clone.

Both were updated the day the firmware was released.

Haven't had any problems at all.

I'm going to have to agree with Rammoth, the problems probably have nothing to do with the update.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got a clone in one wii and original in another wii. I only installed the clone because i got it free when i ordered some parts, so i thought, let me try it.

So far, both have run fun, play everything they should play, both updated to 1.9g and not had any issues with either.

I wouldnt think twice about ordering a clone next time i need one. Both my machines were launch machines, both running fine, both even play SSBB on TDK DVD+RDL discs.

Errors are down to discs and burning factors.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A firmware update wouldn't cause a Wiikey to cease to function. The likelihood is that the vast majority of people have updated to 1.9g so a fair failure rate comparison can not be made.

Had they not upgraded, their Wiikey would have failed in the same manner regardless.

Hardware is fallible, it happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all! +1