OP
Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, if I use this:

mario galaxy main.dol change byte in offset 0x4C0CCB from 0C to 04 and drivechip detect will go away

for SMG, will I NOT need 1.9g?

and If I do the edit this SSBB edit:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...p;#entry1007087

Will doing these two things not require me to update my Wiikey to 1.9g, cuz ALOT of people have problems with it, so I DO Not want to do it.
I have 3.2 U wii.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
It only need 1.9g for booting after disc channel.
And since your Wii's firmware is 2.2U DONT try to update using the NTSC-J version becurse you will brick your console. Do a Wii system update or run a update less SSBB game.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
nitrodude150 said:
Actually im 3.2U LoLz =P
umm, ok the offset 0x4C0CCB(SMG)
does anybody know how to get to it, cuz the editers that i have, xvi32 and Ultra edit, show a different format........any good ideas?
Click on the numerical offset to convert them to hexadecimal offsets (00FFFF ...)

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I finally sort out how to play SMG without updating to 1.9g. It takes a lot of time to understand it but it's definitely worth. The answer is at link http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76509&st=465

However, since I'm using Mario Galaxy Japanese version, instead of going to 0x4C0CCB, the location is 0x4C0CAB and change 0C to 04 (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=76509&view=findpost&p=1008550).

Thanks to everyone who makes this successful.

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well.. I have a PAL Wii and I noticed the following..

I don't play Super Mario Galaxy myself but a friend of mine usually goes my home to play it a bit but this weekend after doing a Wii upgrade to the 3.2E version, the Super Mario Galaxy backup would give a disc error when trying to access some galaxies of the game. My Wii has a Wiikey with 1.9g on it so it shouldn't give any problems.. anyhow, I did the drivecheck hack on the Super Mario Galaxy backup, signed it with Trucha Signer and voilá.. working without problems again.

Does this mean that 3.2E has somehow overcome the Wiikey 1.9g?

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aligborat69 said:
Its most likely scratched disc. Nothing to do with 3.2 Update!

Nope.. the disc was newly burned, no scratches on it. And neither had the 2nd disc I burned with the Super Mario Galaxy backup that.. also didn't worked.

Only after making the drivecheck hack on the 3rd backup I burned, it worked.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
It could also be the brand of disc.

Ive not had any errors with anything ever apart from error 001 before the wiikey 1.9g update, but then these new hacks get past that, glad they found all this before USA smash comes out, means we can edit the iso before burning it, avoid updates and drive checks!

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used Memorex DVD+R (LigthScribe) discs in both the 2 normal backups and the last one with drivecheck hack and Trucha Signed.. can't be the media.

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Lain said:
I used Memorex DVD+R (LigthScribe) discs in both the 2 normal backups and the last one with drivecheck hack and Trucha Signed.. can't be the media.

What is drivecheck hack? Btw, I didn't update my wii to 3.2. I'm still using 3.1J. The mario galaxy which I signed with Trucha Signer is still working (and I hope will continue working).

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, why I can't find 0x4C0CCB in my offset?
i extract the right main.dol (from second partition. and my iso is smg j
since my wiikey is 1.9g, i could run without this edit but i just curious why i can't find it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1