Hacking Trucha & Mario Kart Wii

mrjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, have been reading alot from this board recently, kudos to all those who have been assisting in the home brew of the wii.

I have a small problem, and perhaps someone can help me out.

I am trying to remove the 001 error from Mario Kart Wii with trucha, but even though all keys are in place, each time i load the iso, the program crashes. If i edit the key set, i will get an unable to decrypt message.

Is it possible that the iso has some protection against trucha, given the whole ISO37 update that was released?

Any help would be great, cheers.

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you can just use Wii patcher to remove the check that brings up the error.

I could be wrong, but I think that's all that is needed for MKwii.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try a different iso to check if its just mario kart

@ssmatt
if you're talking about generic wii patcher you have to use trucha to get the main.dol, remove the 001 then put it back in ;x

edit:

i just read a thread in wiifrii thread and gjac1 reports trucha cant open mariokart wii because it has 3 partitions

WiiFrii 2.0 - Wii Full Region Free, Wii Region Free Patcher (without Trucha Signer!!)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=793...t&p=1074005

edit 2:

i just read someone else's thread asking the same question about trucha and mariokart wii. it has a release quote but mark187 didnt specifically say where he got it =[

Trucha Signer 0.21 can´t load Mario Kart Wii
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=815...p;gopid=1074398

Jeremytus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good post, noisound, cleared up a bit of my worries about this, I'd been reading that because there's 3 partitions or something on the ISO, Trucha wouldn't read it. Good to see that WiiFrii still works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou