Hacking Trucha Bug And Other Questions

MemoryDash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the trucha bug patch I followed the steps from the CompleteSoftmodGuide, so I was confused cause it seemed like nothing changed how do I know it worked can I redo it to make sure?

I also have some other questions I want to use USB Loader can I use a USB Flash Drive (ex. Sandisk Cruzer)?

I also would like a good guide in doing that don't want to risk bricking Wii(I don't need bricks).

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err...the IOS236 "thing" worked probably, but you need to use Homebrew that USES IOS236.

For example, instead of a cIOS, you can use IOS236 to use Wad Manager.

And for the USB Loader question, yeah if the flash drive is compatible, most should be. However its dumb to use them because modern games are at least 2-3 GB. I know this because I've tried (successfully, doh) to rip them myself.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Err...the IOS236 "thing" worked probably, but you need to use Homebrew that USES IOS236.

For example, instead of a cIOS, you can use IOS236 to use Wad Manager.
Wow. That is just sad. What do you think 236 is if not a cIOS? Of course it's not as bad as the nonsense in mike333's signature.

Reactions: 1 person

Oxalis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) So I did the trucha bug patch I followed the steps from the CompleteSoftmodGuide, so I was confused cause it seemed like nothing changed how do I know it worked can I redo it to make sure?

2) I also have some other questions I want to use USB Loader can I use a USB Flash Drive (ex. Sandisk Cruzer)?

3) I also would like a good guide in doing that don't want to risk bricking Wii(I don't need bricks).

1) You don't need to install a trucha bug, installing IOS236 in a hack wii guide is all you need, as you can install wiiware/vc/etc with it, don't need trucha bug.

2) Yes, you can, you just need to format it like a usb hard disk or sd card to wbfs and you're good to go.

3) Install priiloader which will save you from banner bricks (most common brick I'd say,) it's not that easy to brick your Wii if you have any idea what you're doing and bad wads are the most common way which cause banner brick which priiloader can help you with. Also install bootmii as boot2 if possible, if not install it anyway as an IOS(254), and backup your nand for nand bricks. I'm pretty sure you can use priiloader if you brick to send you to an IOS installed bootmii if it's not boot2; if you need to redo your flash/NAND.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1) You don't need to install a trucha bug, installing IOS236 in a hack wii guide is all you need, as you can install wiiware/vc/etc with it, don't need trucha bug.
Lol, thank you for your contribution to the nonsense in this thread. Do you even know what the trucha bug is? :rofl2:

Oxalis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, thank you for your contribution to the nonsense in this thread. Do you even know what the trucha bug is? :rofl2:

What I mean is you don't need to put the trucha bug in an official IOS, as you can just use cIOS 236. Why does everyone in this forum have to be a troll?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

What I mean is you don't need to put the trucha bug in an official IOS, as you can just use cIOS 236. Why does everyone in this forum have to be a troll?
I wasn't trolling, your post didn't make any sense. You were saying that you "install a trucha bug".

There are several IOS's that you want patched, mainly the System Menu IOS's. Despite what mike333's signature says, patching them offers both brick protection and brick recovery. There would be far more Wii's that were bricked (003 brick) if everybody used the official IOS. It also doesn't have any downside to them being patched, as long as it's done correctly.

JohnBotkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wasn't trolling, your post didn't make any sense. You were saying that you "install a trucha bug".

There are several IOS's that you want patched, mainly the System Menu IOS's. Despite what mike333's signature says, patching them offers both brick protection and brick recovery. There would be far more Wii's that were bricked (003 brick) if everybody used the official IOS. It also doesn't have any downside to them being patched, as long as it's done correctly.

yeahhh putting trucha bug on official ioses increases brick protection
then says to use cios236 after doing it
you don't need to put it on official ios
can just use 236
fuckin dumbass
trucha bugging ioses is dated

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
So I did the trucha bug patch I followed the steps from the CompleteSoftmodGuide, so I was confused cause it seemed like nothing changed how do I know it worked can I redo it to make sure?
If you want to check if Trucha is in effect, try playing the uncensored version on Manhunt 2. :D

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
*troll post removed*
Lol, why do you think ModMii (and pretty much every up to date guide) does it? The trucha bug allows you to run fakesigned recovery discs, the patched dip module allows running recovery discs without a modchip, patching IOS60 into all the slots protects against 003 bricks from updating and full bricks from downgrading.

Of course you use 236 for installing things because IOS36 can be patched in more ways.

JohnBotkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeahhh putting trucha bug on official ioses increases brick protection
then says to use cios236 after doing it
you don't need to put it on official ios
can just use 236
fuckin dumbass
trucha bugging ioses is dated
HIPSTER
Lol, why do you think ModMii (and pretty much every up to date guide) does it? The trucha bug allows you to run fakesigned recovery discs, the patched dip module allows running recovery discs without a modchip, patching IOS60 into all the slots protects against 003 bricks from updating and full bricks from downgrading.

Of course you use 236 for installing things because IOS36 can be patched in more ways.
1qlq11.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou