Troubleshooting a WBFS-drive that is missing in action

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sdspieg, Aug 17, 2009.

1. sdspieg
    OP

Newcomer sdspieg Newbie

United States
    Hi all,

First off - thanks to all experts here on the board. This is a fantastic resource!

Until a few days back, I had a perfectly functioning softmodded Wii (with USB loader) - based on the softmodding procedure suggested here on the board. I then last week installed Waninkoko's IOS38 rev 14 - and since then my Wii no longer sees the external HDD with the games on. I can still see the drive (and the games) with my windows-based WBFS Manager, but whatever boat loader I use, none of them can find the drive. Everything else works fine (HBC, regular Wii games though the DVD-drive, etc.) But not the games on my HDD [​IMG] Does anybody have any suggestions? And also, is there some kind of sysinfo-app that tells you which ├éIoses are being used and in which versions? For troubleshooting purposes?

Also - I have both Bootmii and Preloader installed (WITH a backedup NAND), so I guess I should be ok and can be (relatively) adventurous in playing around with it - right?

Thanks in advance for any advice any of you might have.

-Stephan

2. geedub

Member geedub GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    have you tried the other usb slot on the wii ?

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    When using an usb loader, only the used cIOS matters. Try everything that is suggested in the NeoGamma readme. If that does not help, you need to get back to an older cIOS. (to downgrade a cIOS you may need to delete IOS249 and IOS250 with AnyTitle Deleter or else you get -1035 errors)

4. sdspieg
    OP

Newcomer sdspieg Newbie

United States
    My God - this board IS amazing. Thanks for the quick replies guys - will try all of that later today and report back. Just on the cIOS-bit - is there a way to see or find out which cIOS(es) are installed

-Stephan

5. sdspieg
    OP

Newcomer sdspieg Newbie

United States
    I told my daughter to go ahead and try the other usb-port, and sure enough: that did the trick!!! Thanks again!

-Stephan