Troubles connecting wii mote to blue Tooth.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SanzioSan, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009
  1. SanzioSan
    OP

Newcomer SanzioSan Advanced Member

United States
    Im having problems connecting my wiimote to my bluetooth adapter.
    Im using IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter model GBU421

Ok so when i try to pair the wiimote up with it it asks for a passkey..
    i know im supposed to skip the passkey but i cant find an option that
    lets me do so.

2. yeshuawatso

Newcomer yeshuawatso Newbie

United States
    I've been searching all over the net for a solution to this problem only to find unanswered post.

I too was suckered into the cheap (and cute) Iogear Micro USB Bluetooth GBU421 dongle (spelled out for the engines). The default Widcomm application has the dumbest provisions that prevent someone from using HID devices without a passkey. Luckily, I found a solution.

The following steps were completed on Windows XP x64 and was not tested on Windows XP 32bit (although it should still work). In order for this to work, you must uninstall the previous versions of the Widcomm software (in add/remove programs).

You will need 7-Zip, Winrar, or any other multi -compression reader.

The driver should successfully work however you'll have to tell the Widcomm application to start the bluetooth device. It may take a while and even crash explorer a few times during this process. Don't worry, it'll start back up automatically. Open your device search and pair your Wiimote with the returned "Skip" option for the pass key.

I could only test that the devices paired up and could not confirm if the device actually worked as my son requested his wiimote back. If anyone is interested in putting this guide in layman's terms with pretty screenshots, please do as I won't respond to technical help because the instructions are too nerd.

3. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Or just use BlueSoleil, it works for me with no passkey or whatever.

4. possnfiffer

Newcomer possnfiffer Newbie

United States
    Your post makes perfect sense to me im happy you are on this site cause u definitly know what you're talking about.I'll be sharing some of my know how as well