Hacking Trouble with Usb drive and Vista

boxcarnathan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem i am having is with my computer(vista) not being able to tell that my usb loader formated HDD has any data on it, i know that everything i loaded on it works and was trying to use a WBFS manager to transfer all my backups to a new HDD,

When i Load a WBFS program, (i've tried a few) it doesn't see it as a drive on my pc

When i start disk managment it says i have a "BASIC" drive with totally free space, i try to change the drive letter(without formating) and it will not let me saying there is no drive space to create a drive partition

I was hoping to let it be as simple as just right clicking and changing the drive letter but no, I've been lurking for 3 days trying to save myself the hastle of re-backuping all my games PLEASE HELP!

thank you

DM357

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Which version of the USB loader, Most of the issues i had vanished after i upgraded, (and reformated unfortunatly).
2. Is this a partition of a drive or a whole drive, how big etc.
3. Can you still load games from it?

boxcarnathan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i started the format with the very first usb loader i just tried loading 1.4 and it loads just fine as well as the first, The drive manager says its basic and 111.4 gb is what it says is free for a 120 hhd but thats usual for all hard drives to not really have the free space it says it has.

no partitions no data on it aparently, guess i might have to bite the bullet

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight. You have a partitioned drive, all partition have letter assigned to it, and WBFS don't detect the drive at all?

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i'v seen this, it's a windows problem.
i'v only seen it on xp with all the update crap installed.

are you running as "administrator" and not a regular user account?
if you are then all i can say is upgrade to Linux or get yourself a Linux live cd.

ginkster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try turning off the user account control in control panel. I had same problem with vista and wbfs program not picking nothing up on my drive but it did once i turned uac off and rebooted pc.

boxcarnathan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dino

As far as vista sees the drive its only seen as "Basic" with free space being the whole drive itself, no letter, and one partition i guess seeing how the whole drive is free space.

@steve

Unfortunatly i don't have XP but i do have vista, as far as linux i am clueless but i will look into that but it may not be the fix i need.

@Ginkster

I was hoping this would be the fix but it wasn't turned on to begin with and so far no change, i even changed an account to just a regular user and no bueno. Sorry but still thank you

Thanks guys for all you input im just lost as to what the problem could be, i wish this drive was as nice as my ps2 HDD was to hookup to pc sadly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/