Hacking trouble with the g6ds real

doobyscoobydoo12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just got my g6ds real today and ive been having problems getting the ds games to run. i got phantom hourglass to work after reloading the nds file a few times, but i cant get advance wars ds to work at all. and with sonic rush adventure ive gotten it to work so far as the end of the opening cutscenes before it freezes. ive tried redownloading the roms a few times and reloading them onto the g6, but it doesnt seem to be making it any better. actually sonic rush has gotten worse so that it freezes after the opening titles. i dont understand what the deal is. phantom hourglass is working. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try getting the ROM from other sources (don't ask for locations). It isn't likely that the ROM would show the same symptoms if they are taken from different sources.

I see no other reason as to why they would act like that, unless the G6 is faulty. If getting the ROMs from different sources does not work, I would suggest a format and putting on a fresh loader. Hold start when booting up to format.

doobyscoobydoo12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after trying everything you guys suggested i finally reformatted it. and now sonic seems to work and so does super mario 64, but now phantom hourglass freezes at a pink screen and advance wars still doesnt work.

doobyscoobydoo12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there doesnt seem to be any consistency at all. ive just been trying random stuff now to try and get it to work and after going through various dumps i tried trimming the advance wars rom and now it starts but after the opening credits all i see is a black screen with the opening music playing, i cant do anything but soft reset which brings me to a black screen. meanwhile i have been trying to get zelda to work again and after 30 pink screen failures now it freezes black before the save menu comes up. do i just need to reload the roms onto the card until i get lucky or what??

Tenement Funster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If formatting the card doesn't fix it, I'd say you're either really unlucky with the dumps (Zelda not included, since the G6 doesn't handle it very well yet), or you have a faulty card and need to get it replaced.

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it sounds too simple but...
my DSreal started acting weird today.. freezing midgame and getting 2 white screens

I wiped the connectors on the card with a dry piece of toilet tissue

It was fine after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)