trouble with the g6ds real

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by doobyscoobydoo12, Oct 11, 2007.

Oct 11, 2007
  1. doobyscoobydoo12
    OP

Newcomer doobyscoobydoo12 Newbie

United States
    ok i just got my g6ds real today and ive been having problems getting the ds games to run. i got phantom hourglass to work after reloading the nds file a few times, but i cant get advance wars ds to work at all. and with sonic rush adventure ive gotten it to work so far as the end of the opening cutscenes before it freezes. ive tried redownloading the roms a few times and reloading them onto the g6, but it doesnt seem to be making it any better. actually sonic rush has gotten worse so that it freezes after the opening titles. i dont understand what the deal is. phantom hourglass is working. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Try getting the ROM from other sources (don't ask for locations). It isn't likely that the ROM would show the same symptoms if they are taken from different sources.

I see no other reason as to why they would act like that, unless the G6 is faulty. If getting the ROMs from different sources does not work, I would suggest a format and putting on a fresh loader. Hold start when booting up to format.

3. Tenement Funster

Newcomer Tenement Funster Member

United States
    Since you just got it today, you're probably using outdated firmware. And yes, the CD that came with the G6 does contain outdated firmware.

Go here and download 2.3 and replace the system files and whatnot in the root of your flashcard with them.
    http://www.handheldsources.com/G6DS/Download.html

4. doobyscoobydoo12
    OP

United States
    Well after trying everything you guys suggested i finally reformatted it. and now sonic seems to work and so does super mario 64, but now phantom hourglass freezes at a pink screen and advance wars still doesnt work.

5. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Zelda PH can only work with Soft reset Disabled for now.

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Advance Wars not working is strange.. I remember loading it on 2.3 firmware a couple of times

7. Tenement Funster

United States
    I've never had a problem with Advance Wars, try a different dump and see if you still have the problem.

8. doobyscoobydoo12
    OP

United States
    there doesnt seem to be any consistency at all. ive just been trying random stuff now to try and get it to work and after going through various dumps i tried trimming the advance wars rom and now it starts but after the opening credits all i see is a black screen with the opening music playing, i cant do anything but soft reset which brings me to a black screen. meanwhile i have been trying to get zelda to work again and after 30 pink screen failures now it freezes black before the save menu comes up. do i just need to reload the roms onto the card until i get lucky or what??

9. Tenement Funster

United States
    If formatting the card doesn't fix it, I'd say you're either really unlucky with the dumps (Zelda not included, since the G6 doesn't handle it very well yet), or you have a faulty card and need to get it replaced.

10. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  11. Loop

Member Loop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know it sounds too simple but...
    my DSreal started acting weird today.. freezing midgame and getting 2 white screens

I wiped the connectors on the card with a dry piece of toilet tissue

It was fine after that.