Hacking Trouble with my new R4i Gold 3DS Plus in ntrboot mode

hahahar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently found out about CFW firmware for the 3DS, so I recently purchased a new 2DS XL and just received my R4i Gold Plus cart. I'm following the 3ds.hacks.guide site, but I'm having trouble with the first steps.

I copied SafeB9SInstaller.firm (renamed boot.firm), copied boot.3dsx from the Homebrew Launcher download, and copied boot9strap.firm and boot9strap.firm.sha in /boot9strap/ folder on my system's microSD card. I flipped the switch to "N" on the R4i Gold Plus card. I place the magnet in the sleep mode sweet spot (roughly above A/X buttons).

However, no matter how many times I've tried, pressing Start+Select+X while powering on doesn't launch SafeB9SInstaller. The 2DS XL simply boots up in sleep mode. I've tried with different microSD cards, I've tried redownloading the necessary files, I've tried flipping the flashcart's switch to "D" and back to "N"...

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Did I get a defective R4i Gold 3DS Plus cart?

If that's the case, can I manually flash ntrboot on the cart's "D" mode? Or will that brick it?

Thanks

darkchi1d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if this will help, but I had the same problem with pressing select + Start + X. no matter how long I pressed it when powering on it just didn't go through for about a couple of hours, but then I decided to just press those combinations once, instead of holding them when powering on and it finally went through. I don't know, but I definitely know that was MY problem. Good luck mate!~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over