JawKneee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, GBATemp.

I purchased my Nintendo Wii about six or seven years ago, whenever it was released. Served me well throughout its years, but after about three years after purchase, the DVD Drive stopped working. I switched to using a HDD to play my games instead, and I used it with DVD Loader GX and it worked fine for ages.

Although, recently, my HDD has gotten problems being read. I would have to position the wire in a certain position for it to read my HDD, and now, it can't even be read at all. What's odd though, is that my PC can read it without any problems. I don't have to wiggle the cord or anything. Now, you may think, well, obviously, it's my Wii. I thought the same, until I borrowed a friend's Nintendo Wii and it didn't work as well. I suspect it might be my HDD, but I have no secondary HDD to test it with.

Some additional information: When I load USB Loader GX, it usually displays "reading Hard Drive..." or something along those lines, for about five to six seconds, and then goes to the boot screen. It doesn't actually say "No Hard Drive detected... 10.. 9.. 8.. (et cetera)" like it used to. My HDD is FAT32, my 'WBSF' files are in a folder labelled 'games' with is placed in the root folder.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: