Hacking Trouble with Crisis Core: FF7

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I summon Phoenix, it gets about halfway (I'm guessing) through the cinematic and then freezes. I can hear the sound for maybe a second after the video freezes, and then it stops and the screen becomes all pixelated.

I am using a cso file that I created myself out of an "untouched" iso file to play the game. I used Prometeus to take out the UPDATE folder and compress it. I am running 5.50 Prometheus-4 firmware

Any idea what I could do to fix this?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using UMDgen to compress it to CSO instead?
Or maybe the compression is set too high. I know for some games (Naruto Impact, for me) they won't even start up when I compress them at certain levels when others work fine.

Crisis Core works fine for me compressed, but I'm on 6.20 Pro.

hubadub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried playing it as a normal ISO so the FMV and music won't be compressed? Or like Alex above me said, trying different levels of compression? I keep most of my CSOs on either level 5 or 3 and they've never bothered me. I don't have Crisis Core to compare though. I'm on 6.20 Pro too btw.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I dumped my own UMD as an ISO and it works fine that way. Why not just play it that way? Don't have the room?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...