Trouble with cIOS Installer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zhelkus, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

Trouble with cIOS Installer by Zhelkus at 7:53 AM (663 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Zhelkus
    OP

Newcomer Zhelkus Advanced Member

United States
    I have pre-2009 Wii. BootMii is installed as an IOS and as boot2. I'm running System Menu 4.0 updated thru Nintendo. I want to install one of the GUIed USB Loaders (Configurable or GX, either one) but first I have to install cIOS249 rite?

Every time I run Waninkoko's installer (latest one I got was 2.0 which installed rev13b) and chose Network install. Everything seems fine, everything is downloaded, all the content is added, but when it goes down to "Install custom IOS, please wait..." it always returns "Install ERROR! (ret = 2011)".

How can I make it work? I've read some guides and tutorials that involved hacking every cIOS but I'm not sure I want to do that...

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    do a wad installation.

use nusdownloader to grab

IOS38-64-v3610.wad

put it in the root of your sd card. then run the cios installer and pick wad installation.

3. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    4.0 has protection you have break them with one of the guides.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea he has to downgrade IOS35 first to get cIOS installed on 4.0

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

You seem to have pretty much done steps 1-3 of his online guide, but Assassda still needs to update it again to include steps 6-8 of the offline guide in the online guide between steps 3 and 4 so both methods will work for anyone since as it is the online guide is pretty much only for people who have previously installed cIOS or are on FW 3.2 or lower.

So anyways just do steps 6-8 of the OFFLINE guide from where you are now and then you can install your cIOS fine using IOS249.

5. Zhelkus
    OP

Newcomer Zhelkus Advanced Member

United States
    I followed steps 6-8 and was able to install cIOS249. thx guys.