Hacking Trouble with Bootmii and DVDX

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii with firmware 4.0e. I have the homebrew channel and cIOS installed on it already. I am trying to backup the NAND and I believe the program bootmii is required to do it. I prepared the SD card and I have installed bootmii as an IOS. The configuration settings appear on the microsd card. However when I go to the homebrew channel there is no option to launch bootmii there. How do I go about launching it?

Also when I was installing the homebrew channel and bootmii there was no option to install DVDX. Why is this?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DVDx is removed since hackmii installer 0.7. To launch bootmii, press the home button in the homebrew channel and select the bootmii option.

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for that info! I wasn't aware you could press home to bring up the menu.
Will the fact that I have installed cIOS affect the NAND dump at all?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you mean with this? If you mean if it's dangerous to have a cIOS installed, no. Bootmii will use its own IOS to dump the NAND.

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any chance of me bricking my Wii with what I just did?

Basically I was trying to install priiloader 0.4. I kept getting this message

"ES_Identify failed, error 4294966279. iso61 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
NOTE: you need CIOS for this

I tried installing normally and tried holding down B and then pressing + or - but that would make it abort the installation. On the screen previous it said hold down B and press A to use cIOS249. I tried that and although I received some messages about certain system files being deleted priiloader managed to install successfully.

Is there any chance of me getting a brick at a later stage because of this or should this install be fine?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, should be OK. If you can still turn on the wii, everything worked correctly. If the wii don't turn on, you have a fullbrick.

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate. Even though everything works properly I would have liked to have known what I actually did and why it wasn't working before. I suppose the fact that everything works is the important thing though. I really appreciate your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol