Trouble with 3ds xl nand restore

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kliffcom, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Kliffcom
    OP

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I updated my gateway to 2.6 and create a new Emunand. I tried to update the emunand with a smash 4 rom. After reboot my 3ds get only a black screen so i want to restore the nand with my backup. I followed the pictures from the 3ds hacking Faq http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Hacking_FAQ#How_do_I_backup_my_NAND.3F to but my pc not detect the 3ds after i connected it. Can anyone help me?

This pictures shows the actual screen vom 3ds
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    my modification inside the 3ds
    the micro sd adapter that i used

2. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Error code is good. Try unplug SD from reader and reinsert. Try different SD reader, USB port, PC.

3. SammD35

SammD35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    Hey,
    The same thing happened to my 3ds and I was wondering if the nand restore worked?

4. Kliffcom
    OP

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I never fixed the Problem. I asked gamequest1 for help and he said there is no perfect setup. use different pcs and readers. if it not work you can send it to gamequest1 or modding sites.

he said this:
    hi yeah its true, but international postage from the UK is pretty steep, usually i
    charge £30+return P&P, if you want it done still i will do it for £25 to try
    alleviate some of the postage costs, if you give me an address i will check
    postage costs so you have a good idea of the total cost before you decide if you
    want it done or not......unfortunately idk anyone else in the EU doing the nand
    mods except the french reseller, but their prices are pretty steep, its like £35 for
    the mod, £10 for the cable required to even use the mod and postage on top
    ....they would pretty much end up charging the entire cost of a replacement
    3DS
    well the offer is there if you need it, i would suggest trying to have a looking in
    maybe German modding sites to see if there are any local people offering the
    service as the return postage would probably end up like £15 or something(i
    would have to check it seems to vary from country to country, sometimes from
    place to place in certain countries, its usually only around £6 for people in the
    UK.

5. SammD35

SammD35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    Thanks for the quick response and offer. I am from Australia and have been lucky enough to find a place that does nand modding in my area. I currently have my unit with them and fingers crossed they can fix it, otherwise ill have to buy a new unit :(

6. Kliffcom
    OP

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    But many Poeple have successful restore the nand. It's the hardwaremod is easy to do when you or a friend good at this. It worked on my normal 3ds and on the xl my friend added the mod to but the restore don#t work...

7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    updating with a legit game card always updates sysnand
    as to why you cant restore your nand maybe you want to recheck your connections?
    and maybe follow this guide

8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    also make sure your using a sysnand dump to restore to not an emunand dump (if that can even be done)

9. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I have repaired this error on both original an XL models with a NAND mod.

10. SammD35

SammD35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    hey,
    I received my 3ds back and it reboots, but when i try to enter gateway mode it comes up with an error (gateway ultra 3.1). I formatted the system and tried again but it still comes up with the same error. Any suggestions? Should i try with a different version of gateway and do all the blue card stuff again?

11. Kliffcom
    OP

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The 3.x Gateway is still in beta so it have eventually some bugs. Try the 2.7. What exactly is the error?