Trouble w/ making a HBC theme

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JoshuaEpling, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JoshuaEpling
    OP

JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2011
    United States
    I had a couple of problems when I made a theme. 1) What would be the best way to compress files? I tried to compress mine and get it under a megabyte. Flattened all images. Repacked it and still couldn't get it under a meg. 2) Do I just flatten the backgrounds? I flattened everything and all transparency left the images. I'm just wondering how to achieve a quality look with low file size. Thanks.

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    What format are you saving them as? Png doesn't support layers, and they need to be saved as a .png.

3. JoshuaEpling
    OP

JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2011
    United States
    it was png, i was interlacing them & flattening everything. once i realized interlacing makes them bigger & flattening was taking away transparency and not making them smaller. i remade the theme, tested it, worked fine. except the app list & app list hover buttons didnt change. i just used a color overlay with color for blending mode. maybe the file is too big. thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice