Trouble setting up a wired ftp connection (9.00)

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I don't have a USB drive that has a decent capacity, the only option to install pkg files is to transfer using ftp, but it's slow.....really slow.
I have a PS4 pro 9.00 with GoldHEN_v2.0b + a pc (windows 10) with only one ethernet port and no wifi on my pc (have wifi on my router). Any advice to setup a wired connection to transfer files would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Dopam1ne,

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi. I also use FTP. mine got 11Mbps transfer rate as the maximum. maybe it can go higher, but I don't know how to do it. so I just live with it, since I only need to do it once per game. I don't know if that's fast enough for you. since PS4 HDD is quite slow too.

anyway, what I did was simply connecting both PC and PS4 via router as a local network with LAN Cables, and then use winscp and connect it to the PS4 ip, using default FTP protocol, with default username/password. make sure to setup the Al Azif DNS before you connect to the network.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have few options, get a HDD, get a 4 port network switch, or get a wireless dongle for your computer. As for your wired setup probably the network switch is your best option.

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi. I also use FTP. mine got 11Mbps transfer rate as the maximum. maybe it can go higher, but I don't know how to do it. so I just live with it, since I only need to do it once per game. I don't know if that's fast enough for you. since PS4 HDD is quite slow too.
Getting the same 10mbps ish speed and I have an SSD in the ps4 pro too
You have few options, get a HDD, get a 4 port network switch, or get a wireless dongle for your computer. As for your wired setup probably the network switch is your best option.

Yeah a network switch seems useful but I might just opt for a usb 3.0 drive >100gb. The SSD in the ps4 should make a difference in terms of speed and I seem to be having issues with the internal package installer atm anyways. I appreciate the help guys :)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have my PC and PS4 connected to my router by ethernet cable at the moment so I just did a quick test with remote packager installer and I was getting over 300mbps. Just bear in mind if you go the USB route it will take double the time so if you can figure out the ethernet it will be much quicker.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting the same 10mbps ish speed and I have an SSD in the ps4 pro too

Yeah a network switch seems useful but I might just opt for a usb 3.0 drive >100gb. The SSD in the ps4 should make a difference in terms of speed and I seem to be having issues with the internal package installer atm anyways. I appreciate the help guys :)
If it's a pc connection, speed could be bottlenecked by not having a gigabit connection. I've never had a laptop with one, so I got the same speeds with the ps3 and the 360.

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Managed to do it! I simply connected my ethernet to my pc then manually configured the ip info, now getting100Mbps speed. Even though the image is taken from a PS3 the same thing applies to the PS4.
cHerXik.jpeg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Managed to do it! I simply connected my ethernet to my pc then manually configured the ip info, now getting 10x the speed. Even though the image is taken from a PS3 the same thing applies to the PS4.View attachment 290816
well, good for you. you do realize that the ip and default gateway probably won't be the same for everyone?

Reactions: Dopam1ne

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's why it's important to check your settings on your PC to make sure they match, with the exception of the ip which should be different.

Reactions: godreborn

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get around 30 megabytes per second upload speed on mine. That Modded Warfare guy on youtube has a video directly connecting his PS4 to his PC and getting around 100 megabytes per second upload speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16