trouble playing some older games. ios update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 89turbocs, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010
  1. 89turbocs
    OP

Newcomer 89turbocs Advanced Member

Canada
    hello everyone, here's my problem. i'm having troubles running a few older games off of my 4.2u wii using cfg loader. the games i can think of off the top of my head are ssx blur, medal of honor heroes 2, and splinter cell. i've heard it mentioned that i might need an IOS or two updated. i'm wondering, having purchased my wii within the last couple of months, and being on the latest sys. menu, would my IOSs not be up to date enough to run older games? maybe i misunderstand how they work? could anyone give me a quick tutorial how to update them, or a guide? do i just run wad manager, and install the correct IOS version, same as any other wad? thanks much

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    No wads needed just download DOP-mii and you can install any IOS / system menu etc... using the wifi on the wii.

3. 89turbocs
    OP

Canada
    thanks for the linky. am i wrong in assuming that my IOSs would be new enough to play games that are a couple years old?

4. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    they should be new enough

5. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I used NUS Auto Downloader to update all my IOS's

Look into the game options in CFG and see if the games you've mentioned have an alternative DOL. If so use the alt dol.

6. changeling

Newcomer changeling Member

United States
    I've read that Splinter Cell is one of the very rare games that has never been gotten to work with USB loaders. You could try burning it to disc and using neogamma.

The others I'm not sure. As was suggested try messing around with the settings in cfg loader. How don't they work? Black screen? Try changing the video settings maybe.

7. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If you are using CFG Loader (USB Loading), then the Factory IOS should not come into it.

All USB loaders use only Custom IOS (Above 200).

Just update your cIOS 222/223, and 249/250.

That should be enough to get them running.

8. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I was never able to run Splinter Cell Double Agent and SSX Blur. .I don't know why.. only two games I played with my disc channel (own the originals!)

and for medal of honor heroes 2, you must use the alt-dol method!

9. 89turbocs
    OP

Canada
    wow, thanks for all the responses, i've never heard about the alt. dol, i'll have to check it out. i didn't know the usb loaders only ran on one IOS, definitely good to know. in regards to the question about the error, the hard drive shuts off either as soon as i select the game, or after the "hold wii controller securely etc" screen, and i get black screen. sounds like the three games i'm struggling with might be special cases. thanks alot for the help

10. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    mohh2 uses alt-dol, ssx blur and splinter cell are ios reloading games and wont work on usb loaders