trouble patching certian roms, including robot taisen and Mother 3

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Meegol, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Meegol
    OP

Meegol Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    I patched all my gba roms so they are now in sram mode, I first tried GBATA ver7 and i didnt work at all, it would output the file as if it did work, then id check the file and it still had the original save type. then I used BATCHGBA and it worked except for on games that used "Flash" save type. those games super Robot Taisen 1 and 2, and Mother 3. BATCHGBA gives me an error when i try to patch those files, and GBATA dosent do anything other then copy the rom. is there anything else i can do? I use an r4 and Ez flash V 3in1 btw

p.s. i want to get mother working on my ds but i heard you need to patch it as sram, and use GBA EXPLOADER, i can't even get the patching step to work, is there a MOther 3 thread already out there, with people with similar problems? Im sure people have already inquired about this?? any advice?

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    it is not the patching that causes issues, it is on what cart they are putting it on. alot of people right now are trying to get it on a EFA-linker or older cart at the moment.

you might have to put the game into NOR to run properly on a 3in1. some trimming might be required as well. I pretty much answered a majority of them.

3. Meegol
    OP

Meegol Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    ok thanks, i think i fixed my problem