Trouble moving from SXOS to Atmosphere

dmdsoftware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm moving my SXOS install on an original unpatched Switch to Atmosphere.

I started by taking my SD card and cloning via linux to a new SD card. After creating a perfect clone of the card, I booted up into SXOS emunand on it without issue. I did a few other tests to ensure everything was working on the new card.

I then followed these steps https://rentry.org/mys8q to load atmosphere to the card. I was able to boot it up into the launcher, I was able to have it migrate my emunand. Everything looks fine. But when I try to launch Atmosphere, I get the two atmosphere logos and then nothing after this. I tried without emunand and likewise the same. So I'm not suspecting it's emunand issue.

My stock FW is still 5.3 and my emunand is 11.1.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My OFW was on 10.2.0 when I changed from SXOS to Atmosphere with that very same guide.
If the FW isn't an issue (I honestly don't know if it could be), then you did something wrong, as easy as that.
Make sure you read everything and do as it says.
I also didn't do it on Linux but Windows instead, nevertheless as long as you don't do it on Mac there shouldn't be issues using Linux.
Also make sure your SD is formatted FAT32 (with 32kb clustersize), because most SXOS users formatted it to exFAT due to XCI mounting.

dmdsoftware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just to clarify

exFAT is NOT supported by atmosphere? I've have several cards that I use with SX OS. My latest install of SX OS on a 128GB is using exFAT, so I could support larger NSP files. On the new card I've dedicated for testing atmosphere, it came formatted with exFAT, and when I copied over the old card to the new card, everything worked on the new card with exFAT in SX OS.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to clarify

exFAT is NOT supported by atmosphere? I've have several cards that I use with SX OS. My latest install of SX OS on a 128GB is using exFAT, so I could support larger NSP files. On the new card I've dedicated for testing atmosphere, it came formatted with exFAT, and when I copied over the old card to the new card, everything worked on the new card with exFAT in SX OS.
the exfat driver on the switch is flawed, it causes many users to get corrupted sd cards, while on fat32 its possible to get some form of corruption, it usually only effects that file, while on exfat it effects the entire sd card. That's why its recommended to use fat32 even on non hacked switches.

as far as installing games over 4gigs, install via tinfoil shops or via usb install through various homebrew(tinwoo,awoo,goldleaf,tinfoil ect).

dmdsoftware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turned out my issue was minor. When I cloned my old card to the new card, I noticed I already had an atmosphere folder. I was using emunandswitcher to switch between different emunands for SX OS, and I guess at some point I went ahead and copied over some atmosphere install (emunandswitcher also lets you switch between SX OS and atmosphere). I recalled reading in the notes about "upgrading" to atmosphere 1.25, there could be issues if you bring over the contents folder from a previous atmosphere install. So I went ahead and cleared out both the bootloader and atmoshphere folders and replaced them with just the files for atmosphere 1.25. Now I can successfully boot into both my old emunand from SX OS and a freshly created one.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the exfat driver on the switch is flawed, it causes many users to get corrupted sd cards, while on fat32 its possible to get some form of corruption, it usually only effects that file, while on exfat it effects the entire sd card. That's why its recommended to use fat32 even on non hacked switches.

as far as installing games over 4gigs, install via tinfoil shops or via usb install through various homebrew(tinwoo,awoo,goldleaf,tinfoil ect).
never had an issue, been using exfat since release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte