Homebrew Trouble mounting usb drive and running homebrew

Xtreme2damax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I partitioned my external USB drive, one WBFS partition set to active and primary, one Fat32 partition set to primary. I can launch the homebrew channel and homebrew using the USB drive, however I am having the following issues.

Wad manager can't use the USB drive, returns an some kind of error.

I'm having a problem with WiiSX, I can launch WiiSX fine but it can't find my isos on the USB drive. I have placed my isos in usb:/wiisx/isos like it asked but it still can't find them.

I am trying to use Triiforce to play my VC and Wiiware games so I don't have to install them to system memory, however when I launch Triiforce it says it can't find the title information. I have followed this tutorial to a tee and verified that I did everything correctly:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ve-sd-card.html

It seems that other people were having the same problem with Triiforce, but no solution as far as I could tell. One member mentioned that the Fat32 partition had to be activated in data management, but I couldn't find no such option.

It seems that some homebrew is having difficulty reading from the Fat32 partition on the USB drive.

Anyways, I would be thankful if someone can help me solve this issue.
smile.gif

Ninja Edit:

Ok, I just figured something out, if I wait a couple minutes I can browse the drive and select my game. The same thing happens with Snes9xGX, VbaGX, WiiSx, Wii64 and FceUltraGX. It seems there is a small delay before I can access anything on the usb drive. Maybe this isn't playing nice with Triiforce, Wad Manager, Ftpii, wad manager and Ftpii both say there is no usb device/can't access usb device and Triiforce has trouble loading title information/data and returns me to the system menu.

Xtreme2damax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get triiforce working with another USB drive, but I am still unable to load games from the hard drive with Wiisx, Wii64, and Desmume.

I also can't use the Wad manager to install wads from the hard drive, it just returns an error ~1 when I select the usb device which I presume means that it couldn't find the usb drive.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe 2 suggestion:
1. check if u are using Bottom USB port (wii in horizontal position);
2. if ur HDD is bigger than 500gb, then u need to power on it AFTER starting WII,,, i have 1tb WD HDD and i need do this or any loaders can read it.
i hope this can help u
unsure.gif

Xtreme2damax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get Triiforce working, and it wasn't an issue with the hard drive, rather how I had it hooked up.

I still can not load games with Wii64, WiiSX, and Desmume Wii from my USB HDD, Desmume crashes when selecting a usb device and returns me back to the homebrew channel. Wii64 and WiiSX both say they can't load/find the directory where the games are stored, loading from an SD card works find, just not a USB HDD.

I also can't load the USB drive with wad manager, or install wads off of my USB HDD. Some things seems to want to save to an SD card even though I am running off of the USB drive.

blackshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
egurgle said:
if ur HDD is bigger than 500gb, then u need to power on it AFTER starting WII,,, i have 1tb WD HDD and i need do this or any loaders can read it.
i hope this can help u
unsure.gif

hmm strange i dont have that prob im using a 1TB verbatim hdd "though a recent HBC upgraqde messed the usb access on the hbc menu only accesses it on startup now once i select sd i have to reboot to access it again otherwise everything else loads it fine"

back on the subject out of curiosity do you have ether ios 202 or ios 58 installed as these are required for differant version of wiisx"mod4b uses ios58 i beleave not sure though"
i dont have much experiance using triforce so i cant really help in that area but im guessing that if most if not all your homebrew is having trouble accessing the usb so its probly theios's thats the culprit

theres multiple possibilitys but im guessing its because of the ios's and if you do have them installed see what version they are and possibly update them
i may have a mess around using your setup on a spare drive i have to see if i can replicate the effect but it wont be today as im a bit busy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1