Hacking trouble modifying wads..

kmksoulja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to change the name of the game on the wad channel? Like I got a program to change the pictures for the wad but when u click on the game channel it will just display "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest"

how can i change that name to a different name? is there a simple and safe way to do that?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
In Customizemii extract banner.brlyt and either hex edit the name(s) or use vcbrlyt by HowardC to edit the name with a gui. The hex value for enter or line break is 0A, you will need that because if your title is too long vcbrlyt doesn't support 'enter' and it will just look odd. Note: vcbrlyt will increase the size of your brlyt by around two KB you can also trim that, they're just a bunch of 0x00 at the end of the file.
Example:
SuperS_zpsca934ee6.png

Reactions: kmksoulja

kmksoulja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Customizemii extract banner.brlyt and either hex edit the name(s) or use vcbrlyt by HowardC to edit the name with a gui. The hex value for enter or line break is 0A, you will need that because if your title is too long vcbrlyt doesn't support 'enter' and it will just look odd. Note: vcbrlyt will increase the size of your brlyt by around two KB you can also trim that, they're just a bunch of 0x00 at the end of the file.
Example:
SuperS_zpsca934ee6.png

Thank you SuperrSonic. I finally got it figured out. You've been most helpful. Thanks alot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s