Hacking Trouble loading VC/Wiiware from SD

Ubuntaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an NTSC Wii with Wiikey 1.9s and bootmii installed on boot2. I just upgraded from 3.2U to 4.0U using Waninkoko's upgrader.

Now that I have the SD channel, I can successfully copy installed VC/Wiiware to my sd card, but when I try to load certain titles I get the "This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console" error.

I read that patching IOS60 with Dop-IOS would do the trick, but in the Dos-IOS readme it said it won't work unless I upgrade to 4.0U officially (and I used Waninkoko).

Is there a way to get to 4.0U officially from a waninkoko 4.0U so that I can properly trucha bug my IOS60 to make these VC/Wiiware titles to work?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you are on 4.0, there is no difference between waninkoko's and official except wanin's patches some IOS's

you sig hash check your IOS60 and they will work fine.

Ubuntaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, guys! Ok, so from what I've read Triiforce is the way I want to go.

I just downloaded Triiforce Beta 7 and put it on my SD card. Now what exactly do I have to do to get everything set up? I'm having trouble finding any detailed instructions.

Ubuntaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Waninkoko's cIOS rev15, formatted my (standard SD) card using SDFormatter, did a NAND dump to my SD card using SFSD Nand Dumper, converted my wads using Wad2Nand, placed the converted wads to my SD card, but whenever I boot up TriiForce beta 7 it gives me a "...No title found" error. The guide you linked me to said TriiForce would allow me to toggle until I found a "Use SD-NAND" option but it never gives me the option to.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@xzxero - I know wrong topic but I did this yesterday, all works great.

My question is about all the directories nand dump creates on the SD card. Is there any that can be deleted or must all of them remain?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.