Trouble launching legit cart of Pokemon sun

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by BORTZ, Dec 30, 2016.

1. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    A friend of mine got a copy of Sun for Christmas. He popped it in and tried to play. His 3ds did the "Nintendo 3ds" loading screen and then hung on the black screen.
    He's using a9lh/luma on an o3ds.

I told him it's no problem, probably some issue not being up to date with stuff. So I had him update his luma version to the latest normal 6.6.6 and then his 3ds to 11.2. still no good. Now the 3ds loads the boot screen but now not only hangs on the black screen but also shuts down on its own shortly after.

The only thing I can think of that would be giving him an obscure issue is that I region changed or 3dss. They were both Japanese so I made them us system menus with the new, easy to use ctrtransfter tools. All his other games still boot, physical or otherwise and I can get the sun CIA from the Freeshop to run on my n3ds, same setup. Ideas?

2. cheuble

cheuble Marieismâ„¢

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    Somewhere
    Can any other 3ds game which uses extended memory mode boot?
    Did he ever use the "config.cia"?

3. BORTZ
    OP

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Im pretty sure I had to set some stuff up with the config.cia. what skills I be looking for in there?
    And I'm guessing yes he's played other extended memory games. Most of then are anymore right?

4. cheuble

cheuble Marieismâ„¢

Feb 6, 2016
    France
    Somewhere
    Then check that the console is in "production mode", and the home menu is set to "home menu", not "test menu" in the config.cia. That MAY be it.

5. BORTZ
    OP

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I adjusted some of the luma settings and sun finally booted. I'm not sure which one did it but I finally got it.

cheuble likes this.