BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine got a copy of Sun for Christmas. He popped it in and tried to play. His 3ds did the "Nintendo 3ds" loading screen and then hung on the black screen.
He's using a9lh/luma on an o3ds.

I told him it's no problem, probably some issue not being up to date with stuff. So I had him update his luma version to the latest normal 6.6.6 and then his 3ds to 11.2. still no good. Now the 3ds loads the boot screen but now not only hangs on the black screen but also shuts down on its own shortly after.

The only thing I can think of that would be giving him an obscure issue is that I region changed or 3dss. They were both Japanese so I made them us system menus with the new, easy to use ctrtransfter tools. All his other games still boot, physical or otherwise and I can get the sun CIA from the Freeshop to run on my n3ds, same setup. Ideas?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any other 3ds game which uses extended memory mode boot?
Did he ever use the "config.cia"?
Im pretty sure I had to set some stuff up with the config.cia. what skills I be looking for in there?
And I'm guessing yes he's played other extended memory games. Most of then are anymore right?

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im pretty sure I had to set some stuff up with the config.cia. what skills I be looking for in there?
And I'm guessing yes he's played other extended memory games. Most of then are anymore right?
Then check that the console is in "production mode", and the home menu is set to "home menu", not "test menu" in the config.cia. That MAY be it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended