trouble installing cIOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by revolutionary me, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009
  1. revolutionary me
    OP

Newcomer revolutionary me Newbie

United States
    My friend gave me a folder from media fire that contained all the necessary stuff to install cIOS 249 using cIOS38 rev13b. In other words, an IOS that let's me use USB loaders made by waninkoko. (sorry for being unnecessarily descriptive, i just wanna be as specific as possible so i can find what i'm doing wrong and fix it.) Also, the it should work because my friend used the folder and content that he used himself to install it on his wii. Now then, when i do it, I use the WAD installation and everything seems to go all right, all the custom patches and what not apply successfully. the only problem is that when it tries to install the custom IOS, it gets an error and says "ret - 2011" (which explains why i think this is related to Iowaguy's problem.) Could someone please explain to me what's going on and how do i solve this rather annoying problem?

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Error 2011 generally means the fakesigning bug is not available. Try using Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, and run the cIOS installer with it.