Homebrew Trouble getting Nintendont to show up in the homebrew channel

UnstoppableMoop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what the thread title states. I'm having difficulties getting nintendont to boot and play my gamecube isos on my sd as I cannot seem to figure out how to make it show up in the homebrew channel. Any help is much appreciated..

UnstoppableMoop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the files off and reformatted it to fat32, then put the filed back on. Now when I boot up the homebrew channel, there's nothing on it at all.

UnstoppableMoop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD:\apps\nintendont:boot.dol meta.xml icon.png

That is how it is supposed to look check your dol The main executable Loader.dol rename to boot.dol
That's how mine looked originally, it wouldn't seem to boot though. Can't seem to figure out why.
2019-04-13 (2).png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just re-reformatted it, using guiformatter, as fat32 32kb. Currently transferring files back over. I'm putting nintendont in \wiiu\apps as well this time to see if it'll make a difference. GC games worked fine before through mocha after I patched iso's to wup with wii u usb helper. The problem with that is not all gc games are on there. Nintendont's loading screen would boot up when I booted gc games, it just wouldn't show up in the homebrew channel.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SD Card Formatted to Fat32 in 32768k Clusters

Other than this Bud try grabbing fresh copy possible corruption.

UnstoppableMoop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll report back when the files are finished transferring and I try it again. You're saying I should re-install nintendont, correct?

UnstoppableMoop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just replaced my files with the ones you linked and it still doesn't show up in homebrew...maybe I'll just put them on my ps3...unless you have any other suggestions? Thank you for your help CORE

Titanium_Gibbon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what the thread title states. I'm having difficulties getting nintendont to boot and play my gamecube isos on my sd as I cannot seem to figure out how to make it show up in the homebrew channel. Any help is much appreciated..

I am having the same issue. I put nintendont in the proper location on my SD card. Launch Homebrew...it sees my other apps such as Mocha, WUP loader, etc but nintendont doesn't show up.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue. I put nintendont in the proper location on my SD card. Launch Homebrew...it sees my other apps such as Mocha, WUP loader, etc but nintendont doesn't show up.
Nintendont is a Wii homebrew app, not a WiiU homebrew app. You won't find it in with Mocha and WUP loader in the haxchi Homebrew Launcher. You'll find it in Wii mode in the Homebrew Channel. Alternatively, you can install a forwarder in both vWii or with WUP loader for the WiiU menu. The forwarder on the WiiU menu will even give you Game Pad support you won't normally have in Wii mode.

Titanium_Gibbon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is a Wii homebrew app, not a WiiU homebrew app. You won't find it in with Mocha and WUP loader in the haxchi Homebrew Launcher. You'll find it in Wii mode in the Homebrew Channel. Alternatively, you can install a forwarder in both vWii or with WUP loader for the WiiU menu. The forwarder on the WiiU menu will even give you Game Pad support you won't normally have in Wii mode.

Thanks for the response. I actually did figure that out once I saw a YouTube video on it. The other sites I was using didn't make that very clear. I'll try the forwarder thing too if I have time...I'm not very tech saavy but can follow directions if they are explicit enough

Jfwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this I been searching for my nintendont too!!

Any idea why could my nintendont injected will crash the console?

I now figure it could be linked with it not being a wiiu and having some compatibility issue but is there a fix so I could launch it from the wii u interface just like any injected games?

There must be a way otherwise I dont understand why usbhelper wouldhave a nintendont injection that doesnt work.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this I been searching for my nintendont too!!

Any idea why could my nintendont injected will crash the console?

I now figure it could be linked with it not being a wiiu and having some compatibility issue but is there a fix so I could launch it from the wii u interface just like any injected games?

There must be a way otherwise I dont understand why usbhelper wouldhave a nintendont injection that doesnt work.
The USB helper injects definitely work, as that's how I made mine. So first things first, not to insult your intelligence but it's kinda necessary for troubleshooting, did you mod vWii? You'll need to set up your Homebrew Channel and use the d2x cios installer to get Nintendont working in the first place. Second, if vWii is modded, does Nintendont work by itself? As in, can you go into Wii Mode, launch the homebrew channel, and load Nintendont? If it doesn't work there then your injects won't work as they still go through Nintendont on your SD card. Last, if those are all good, check your iso. A bad rip won't work, I came across that the first time I made an Eternal Darkness inject, it kept crashing my WiiU. A new iso fixed that problem.

Beyond those three things, if it's not working hopefully someone else can chime in. That's the extent of my troubleshooting experience with this stuff with modding my own as well as friends and family members Wii's and WiiU's.

Reactions: jeannotte

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB helper injects definitely work, as that's how I made mine. So first things first, not to insult your intelligence but it's kinda necessary for troubleshooting, did you mod vWii? You'll need to set up your Homebrew Channel and use the d2x cios installer to get Nintendont working in the first place. Second, if vWii is modded, does Nintendont work by itself? As in, can you go into Wii Mode, launch the homebrew channel, and load Nintendont? If it doesn't work there then your injects won't work as they still go through Nintendont on your SD card. Last, if those are all good, check your iso. A bad rip won't work, I came across that the first time I made an Eternal Darkness inject, it kept crashing my WiiU. A new iso fixed that problem.

Beyond those three things, if it's not working hopefully someone else can chime in. That's the extent of my troubleshooting experience with this stuff with modding my own as well as friends and family members Wii's and WiiU's.
You don't need any cIOS to run Nintendont. Nintendont uses the stock version of IOS58.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse