Trouble Dumping Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with DDD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Lucinamarth, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    I am dumping ssb4 with DDD, and I have disabled windows firewall, but when I go to start dumping my game to the pc, the game boots normally, and the pc never connects to the Wii U. The ip address you need to enter is entered correctly (I checked with ipconfig in command prompt)

If anyone could help me troubleshoot, it would be much appreciated.

2. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    take some screens shots of ddd and the prompt window.

3. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    I can't get a proper screenshot of ddd, but ddd kicks you out to the home menu while still working, then you select the game you want to dump and it should stay at the splash screen for smash. However, the game only freezes for about 10-20 seconds, then runs the game as normal.

Attached Files:

4. nitrostemp

Mar 15, 2009
    can you get a pic of it before you press launch?

5. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    I can't right now but I will in a bit. I'm currently dumping a 3DS game and need some time to finish it

6. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Here are pictures of the whole process. Please forgive the atrocious phone quality, and the dodgy rotation. they are in order of appearance, and show pretty much every screen from DDD to smash. After these photos, there is a black screen, then the opening cinematic as the game runs normally

Attached Files:

7. krikkit

krikkit Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2014
    Australia
    why are you using the tools from last year....forget ddd, you can do full dumps with wudump!!?? i can not find any reason why one would need ddd anymore, get up to date to the latest tools in wii u hacking!

8. nitrostemp

Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by nitrostemp, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    It's the IPv4 address. I will try wud, thanks

10. Lucinamarth
    OP

Lucinamarth Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    On second thoughts, wudump seems too complicated and won't work for me. I still need help with this.