I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a new problem...again.

This time, I can't connect to the Internet for some reason. I have my Network Connections in place. All of the wires are connected and in place too.

When I go on AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) on my computer, it connects and is fully functional. I also logged into an online game (LoL; League of Legends) and it connected.

When I open up Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 Beta, it doesn't connect to the webpage that I want to go to. It just shows "Connecting..." or "Loading...".

I think this problem happened right after I messed with "Internet Booster" on Advanced SystemCare 3 Pro Edition. It said something about bandwidth 56k, 512k, 1M, and so on. I tried all of them and changed some random settings.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If you'd actually read what I told you to you'd see it's not instructions in removing infections, it removes things that could potentially block or modify your internet connection.

If you don't want my help I'll just stop helping you, though. No skin off my nose.

Turns out that it wasn't all about removing viruses. Sorry about that.

Anyways, I tried Part A and it didn't work. I deleted the Hosts file and it the Browser still "Connecting...", "Loading..."

Not sure about Part B...

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Which DNS server did you choose?

Can you get online in safe mode (with networking)?
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Yeah, now GBAtemp's homepage loads when I boot my computer in Safe Mode with Networking. I wonder why it didn't work when I started it up normally...Possible virus...again?

EDIT: Did a quick scan with MalwareBytes. Came up with 0 infected files.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you had Zone Alarm installed or anyother firewall software? because I had the same problem after I uninstalled Zone Alarm and reinstalling it fixed the problem.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Have you had Zone Alarm installed or anyother firewall software? because I had the same problem after I uninstalled Zone Alarm and reinstalling it fixed the problem.

No, I have not installed any of those programs. The only latest thing that I've installed is Advanced SystemCare 3 Pro, and it's like an All-In-One program that'll improve the performance of my computer. Ranges from Registry Fixer to Defragmenting Files.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I check whether if I have more than one Firewall on?

EDIT: I got Google Chrome and Internet Explorer to load the webpages that I want it to load. It turns out that it was one of avast! Anti-virus's shields that was causing the problem. It didn't cause this kind of problem before...Now I have to disable the Web Shield for the Browser to load.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Security software is pretty much at least partially enabled as long as it's installed even if the control panel for it isn't running (due to technical reasons I CBA to list).

Run down your programs list and uninstall any you may have installed.

I think the reason why the Web Shield is known to cause the Loading program is because I messed around with a few tools from the pirated Advanced SystemCare Pro.

Everything seems to be fine now.

I'm going to have to switch Anti-viruses sooner or later.

Major thanks for the help Rydi.
smile.gif

qpecmultitech

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well i had same problem with my googlechrome and firefox. Later i found out it to be my firewall blocking it, quite strange. After i disabled my firewall it was back to normal...try your side
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it