Hacking Trouble backing up wii disc to hard drive.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do this again, since no one wanted to really help me.

I'm trying to back up this game that i backed up a while ago but then accidentally deleted it, so i'm trying to do it again.

No loader, of any kind. wants to dump it. it always stops and 0.03-0.05 MB and just stays there, frozen.

Now, the game is Just Dance 3, (don't judge me) and when i just simply play it, it works. it runs smoothly and has minor scratches that shouldn't be a problem, because last time the other one had the same scratches.

this also applies to my other game Smackdown vs raw 09, but im not trying to back that up.

The reason i want to backup? i don't want to ruin the disc anymore!

Thanks for helping me out in advance.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC with LG Drive? if yes try wii backup manager
If you're really desperate try utorrent. You have the original so this won't be a big crime (joking :P stay legal)

Ah...LG drive? no, PC? Yes. i have a "sandisk cruzer 8GB"

I have wii back up manager, but how does it help me.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...LG drive? no, PC? Yes. i have a "sandisk cruzer 8GB"

I have wii back up manager, but how does it help me.
are you sure there's enough space on the drive you're trying to rip to? Also is is formatted fat32 or ntfs?

The game is 3.85 GB, i have 4.12 GB free.

It's fat32 format with the wbfs folder

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would first try ripping a few other games if possible. It could be likely your Wii drive laser is on it's way out. The easiest way to update you ios files is to do a full rehack using modmii. It's also possible to do it by downloading the mod package from the mod any Wii 4.3 and below topic in the Wii hacking forums and installing all the wads from that using multi mod manager or any other wad manager you might have.

Edit: I don't know if the dml version of cfg is at fault but you might try the normal version, I never mess with dml so if this is a standard feature in cfg now please excuse my ignorance.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would first try ripping a few other games if possible. It could be likely your Wii drive laser is on it's way out. The easiest way to update you ios files is to do a full rehack using modmii. It's also possible to do it by downloading the mod package from the mod any Wii 4.3 and below topic in the Wii hacking forums and installing all the wads from that using multi mod manager or any other wad manager you might have.

Edit: I don't know if the dml version of cfg is at fault but you might try the normal version, I never mess with dml so if this is a standard feature in cfg now please excuse my ignorance.

No games will backup that i have,

I have JD3, SVR2011 and some nitro bike game... they all have minor scratches, but they run fine in normal booting.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This has me stumped so far....perhaps the drive is messed up? One time I had a problem where an SD card kept getting corrupted and it wouldn't allow me to rip games, everytime I tried it would get to about 20% then get stuck and when I checked file sizes on the SD card it said I had 8GB worth of data on a 1GB card. Try another SD card and see if that solves your problem, or else try another drive for backing up....I would recommend you get and external HD that's at least 160GB.

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has me stumped so far....perhaps the drive is messed up? One time I had a problem where an SD card kept getting corrupted and it wouldn't allow me to rip games, everytime I tried it would get to about 20% then get stuck and when I checked file sizes on the SD card it said I had 8GB worth of data on a 1GB card. Try another SD card and see if that solves your problem, or else try another drive for backing up....I would recommend you get and external HD that's at least 160GB.

I'll try downgrading my loader and updating my IOS's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4