Gaming Trophies and Achievements!

CherrySkitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would you like it if Nintendo added some kind of reward like Sony's Trophies or Microsoft's Achievements? That would be really cool imo
cool.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it'd give some games a nice replay value in order to get all the "achievements". They could call them "Nintendo Stars", or something else catchy.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely like it. I kinda disliked it on the 360 when I first bought it because my first impression was something like "why the hell would i even need to achieve things!? (herp derp)" but after finishing games it gave me something to look forward to accomplishing or unlocking.

CherrySkitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Devin said:
Yes, it'd give some games a nice replay value in order to get all the "achievements". They could call them "Nintendo Stars", or something else catchy.

NINTENDO STARS!! I love the name =3

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They use stars for club nintendo in europe.

I'd like achievements.
It's just an extra. no reason not to include them at all.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how ssf4 on the 3ds handles them, you have medals, titles, and icons that are unlocked and you get that cool red text at the bottom everytime you accomplish one similar to trophies on the ps3 i guess. Now they just need to do that on a system level instead of game based.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really "get" achievements. I mean, for as long as I can remember games have had specific goals not required to complete the main game. Or collectables, or whatever.

What advantage do you gain by having it recorded at the system level?

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to say it's perfect as SSFIV has it, game based. I didn't use Xbox live like at all and I don't own a PS3 so achieves there mean nothing really to me, and in WoW I usually only do them if either I'm almost at one anyway or it rewards me something fun. Outside of the game though they are meaningless.

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind the idea. The only thing is, I own a PS3, 360, Wii and RECENTLY ventured into the world of PC gaming (bought a Toshiba Qosmio laptop!). I played Dragon Age II on my laptop, because I heard the PC version was so much better.. but I got ticked that I wasn't unlocking achievements on my Xbox. I don't know, I would like the idea better if a "Gamerscore" was a universal thing.

Don't count on it ever happening though, I believe I remember Miyamoto being asked about Achievements/Trophies in an interview, and he said something along the lines of "I want people to play my games because they're fun. I shouldn't have to taunt them with carrots to play them.", and he made a REALLY good point.

So, if anything, I would like stats to be shared with each 3DS/Friend Code (Get every Heart Piece in OOT? The world better know.) The one thing I love about achievements on the 360 is that I can track to see how far my friends have gotten in a game. Enabling a feature like that for the 3DS would be prime for me.

Barroom Hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame ninty all but kicked this idea to the curb. People do enjoy them.For the people who dismiss them it wouldnt hurt them if they were there, but for the people who do enjoy and are used to them in xbl/psn its a feature theyll notice missing (especially if you look at the screenshots of the NGP with that big'ol "Trophy" icon).

idk to me it adds alot of replay value to games that usually wouldnt warrant that extra run through

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally not an achievement whore but it's pretty popular among others. Doing something like this would bode well with nintendo's fateful imo.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Donald Serrot said:
I have to say it's perfect as SSFIV has it, game based.

Yes, it is indeed in SSF4 3D Edition, and I would like the idea to have something similar in other games, I'm kinda proud when I see some new things unlocked.

Z

Zorua

Definitely. I'd love it if they add achievements. I don't really like trophies though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs